Warts on chicken beak?

Caroline09

Hatching
Dec 1, 2020
Hello everyone!

I'm very new to raising chickens, I've had three Black Australorp hens for about four months now. In the last couple of weeks, one of my girls started growing what looks like a wart on her beak and I'm not sure if I should be concerned. The other girls haven't shown any signs of the same issue.

I've done a lot of looking around and I haven't anything that looks quite the same as what she has going on, so if anyone could give me any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

PXL_20201201_162002881_2.jpg

PXL_20201201_161951643.jpg

The pictures are not clear enough, but could it be dried feed mixed with secretions clogging her nostrils? Or are her nostrils open? Does she stick her beak through chicken wire or hardware cloth? Is it bony growth on her beak?

When feed gets stuck in nostrils, it can become hard as cement over time. To get that off, you can use some hydrogen peroxide on QTips to moisten the material for a few minutes. The use a fingernail or wooden tookpick to very gently clean it out. You may need to repeat this again in another session. Here is a picture of a clooged nostril:
1606850176634.jpeg

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to raising chickens, I've had three Black Australorp hens for about four months now. In the last couple of weeks, one of my girls started growing what looks like a wart on her beak and I'm not sure if I should be concerned. The other girls haven't shown any signs of the same issue.

I've done a lot of looking around and I haven't anything that looks quite the same as what she has going on, so if anyone could give me any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

View attachment 2432685

View attachment 2432684
Did you find out about this? I have a chicken now too with this

Back
Top Bottom