Was getting eggs, now it's been 2 days

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    since the last one.

I have changed their routine, so was thinking that could be why(?)
    And the temps have dropped significantly the last two days With the wind chill it will be below 0 today easily. (I am kicking myself for not getting a remote starter in the truck.)

With the cold temps, a none insulated metal shed(getting done come spring!) as a coop I have been bringing them into the house the last two nights. Today and tomorrow they have run of my basement during the day and will be back in their cages at night so I can clean up after them.
    Luckily we have a cement floor and nothing down there is vitally important. Dh is just happy they arent in the kitchen or running free in the living room. [​IMG]

Last time I had to move them I still got eggs. I am just worried that not laying suddenly will hurt Natalie and whomever else was laying. They are all eating drinking and being themselves though.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    In my limited experience I would say it was the move.

3. jhc

jhc Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2007
    Most likely it is the move. THey like routine. THey stress when pulled out of their routine. When they stress--no eggs.

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:That I can deal with. Sadly they are going to be in here for a bit longer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by