was given a Peacock today, got my girls with pics!!!! now i got eggs!!

im in wy. i hunt turkeys at a guys house and he had some so i called him!!!

will it be ok to put my peacocks with my pheasants? the pheasants are 1 1/2 months old. there in a much bigger flight pen???

I have housed pheasants, both ringnecks and ornamentals, in my large flight pen with my peafowl sucessfully. Keep an eye on them the first few days as it often also depends on the temperament of the paticular birds.

Yep, Good deal. Better with pheasants than chickens, just watch the little ones. He should show them who is boss and then leave them alone. Also need lots of perches, the highest will be his so make it a large diameter or a 2X4 laid flat.

If he and his lady friends are going to free range you should keep them confined for the first month or so, til they learn where they live. We have two India Blue cocks, and they are very addictive.
big_smile.png
We love them, they are so curious and funny. Not to mention an awesome addition to our yard, and a great conversation piece for our visitors! My DH is already saying "we need to get them some peahens..."
roll.png
They are very dedicated to each other and where one is, the other always is. So getting your male some friends was a good idea. Ours tolerate our chickens, more or less, and vice versa, but just barely.

i don't know if they will ever free range!!! i would like them to but my dogs are will not be nice!!! and there is a huge tree .5 miles away that i think they would fly to and never come back!!!

got my girls!!!! she told me the dad was black shoulder and the girl was pied? what will i get with the ib i have? and is that what i got?

37591_470138012817_581292817_6282897_7561361_n.jpg

37697_470137512817_581292817_6282888_1280767_n.jpg

If the male was blackshoulder and the hen was pied these hens will be split blackshoulder and pied. If your male is not split to anything all chicks will be india blues some will be split to blackshoulder only some to pied only and some to both blackshoulder and pied and some will be normal India blues. When you breed the offspring back is when you will start getting different chicks.

All of the male babies will look like him and all the female babies will look like the peahens. But the most of the peachicks will be split, so if you breed them back then you will get blues, blackshoulders, and pieds, like DMFarm said.

thanks for teh info!!! you guys are great!!! im happy with what i got. any way to tell how old any of them? i was told the male was 2 and the 2 of the girls where 2 and one female was 3???

Back
Top Bottom