Was instructed to introduce myself

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from California

welcome-byc.gif
from MS.
Sorry to hear about your chickens, my husband and I just started raising chickens about 8 months ago and have had a few losses as well, this site has been so helpful, hope it helps you as much as it has us, I'm sure it will, good luck!

Hi from Indiana, I'm a newbie too and had started out with 6 hens and a rooster ( all RIR ) 3 yrs ago and my middle daughter, Paris, has become known as the "Chicken Girl" around our house...there is no rooster nor hen she can't calm down and she treats them like kings and queens. The main reason I wanted to join this site was to seek help esp in finding BQ or SQ pairs of two breeds I am unfamiliar with ( Silkies and Polish ). I use my RIR only for da eggs
smile.png
. And, yes I just bought 20 something RIR from a hatchery, just can't find any breeds around that I am looking for. But they arrived all healthy and spunky and it's been 7 days, can't wait to see how many "actual" hens I got. Also added two Aracaunas to the bunch (thought my kids would get a kick outta seeing something besides actual white or brown eggs-if they truely are hens) and my mystery chick....well that's still to be determined what it is lol.

Back
Top Bottom