Was this a predator or rooster?

Looks like chicken on chicken damage to head and not the find a rooster does to a hen. Verify gender of victim and make certain another "female" is not carrying out attacks. For now isolate damaged bird.
That's pretty bad damage, but these are usually the two areas you see damage when it's squabbling in the flock (head, and near the preen gland)- this is exactly the sort of damage you see when you keep too many cockerels together. If it's a hen, it's probably another hen that did it.

Well the two leghorns (her included) were kinda pushy and at the top so probably one of the other girls got tired of taking her crap lol I've never witnessed them be truly violent just warning pecks and such.

They were establishing the fact that they were there first. That is normal. Again, instances like this is one reason why quarantine and then a SLOW introduction is so important. Especially since your girls were out-numbered by the newbies.

Hope she heals well.

Yes jaded Phoenix I AM aware I went about things wrong I'm somewhat new at this whole thing and had never bought adult birds before. Only ever had ordered chick's and they all grow up together. No need for quarantine or "proper" introduction in that case.

Back
Top Bottom