Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you CL.

Oh someone was looking for the auction go to the top of the page and go to index than go down the page toward the bottom and you will see it... Good luck...

CL my poor son now has the Norway v. on top. He's holding his own and his head he said felt a little better. Right now he just runs to the bathroom. Poor kid..

So Annies Mom Im not sure about the crates now, I heard they weight 470 pounds or something like that. Plus now no one has gotten back to me...
idunno.gif

Quote:
Took 8 days from date of shipment confirmation! So not that long. They are very quik to get them out.

Oh, my gosh.....now I am really eggcited. Only 8 days.

RFF: How long will your test eggs last? Oh my. I am eggcited.

How long can you hold any egg before putting it in a incubator? Okay, I need "Hatching Eggs in an Incubator for Idiots" book. Time to go read on the BYC forum how to do it correctly.
celebrate.gif
just so eggcited.

What you mean, last? You mean be good until the incubator gets here? Since the eggs aren't laid yet--it might be a while.
lol.png
I don't save them up during the auction, at least not until the very end. I haven't gotten any eggs from those freeloaders for a few weeks now, other than the occasional one...but they are starting to build nests and almost everyone else is starting to lay well so I'm hoping they will join in, too!

Quote:
Oh My Word! Those look like a speckled sussex ameracauna???? Is that what they are? And they are Bantam to boot?
No freaking way!! They are so awesome.
Is that what they are??
I bet eggs and babies cost more than my whole flock of commoners, but I may need to have some...
The world of chickens just keeps getting more and more fascinating. Just when ya think ya've seen it all, well, someone up and shows ya somethin totally new.
HoH Lee Cow

Nope, those are standard Spangled Russian Orloffs.
smile.png
I also have them in bantam, though. I will be bringing some to the show (to show & sell).

I'm getting set up for my baby chicks that I'm getting next week. They will be in the unheated barn. I am using one of those big aluminum tubs that is used for water for cows and horses. it is four feet long two feet wide and two feet deep. I have the heat lamp hanging 18" above the bottom. Right now I am only ready 72 degrees. it should be around 90 right??? I will check it in another hour.

Any suggestion???????????
idunno.gif
maybe TWO heat lamps????

Does anyone have bantam wyandottes? I'd like to get some for a friend. Maybe when my incubator is empty, I could hatch some eggs for her.

Quote:
The foundation is built, and leveled, then the sub floor (those boards under the floor that supposrt it) then the floor (usually plywood or floor paticle board) then the walls are built on ehte floor & stood up, then the top sill is nailes in place.

So, where is the floor ?
You cannot build a floor with the walls already up.
Hope you get it straightened out, otherwise there will be a wet soggy dirt for a floor & rats and mice & creepies can get in, dig right under.
Otherwise, it looks great.

I think she said that the whole 8 x 12 thing framed out was for the house AND run, that the house was going to be smaller inside that space. But I had the same thought about the floor. If that was framing for an 8x12 shed, the floor joists go in and the ply for the floor goes on next and then the wall. And if it were my SHED, the 2x4's that are laying on their wide side at the bottom of the walls would worry me that they would sag. I would have put 2 (2x4's) vertically together, or 4x4 posts, or (2) 2x6's together on their short end would be better even. This is just my former architectural intern speak coming out.....
hide.gif

But since it's just framing for a run.......I hope........maybe it will be fine....
hu.gif

lau.gif
...me too!
The architect pops out, we were trained & learned how to do the right way is all..not to hurt anyones's feelings.
hide.gif

For those of you here..WA4-HPoultryMom & I are both College grads of architect school..I am an undergrad, and she I believe, is a grad.

Quote:
That is how the chicks are at the feed store here!
Freaked me out, but they have the chicks in about 6 of those aluminum horse troughs, heat lamps on them, in the BACK of the store, on the cold concrete, in the feed storage area, unheated.
I saw an article once where a few college kids took a tub, and heat lamp, and brooded chicks just fine, in a walk in freezer.
As long as it is draft free and vermine/predator free, you should do fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom