Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

If she's been in a cage for 10 days, she may need some time to adjust to being out.

When I got my 2-wheeled wheel-barrow, I had to learn how to drive the silly thing. But I like it a lot better than the 1-wheelers. I still use the 1-wheeler to get stuff down the narrow path to the chicken run.
I SO HATE when I toss a pitch fork full of manure in the wheel barrel & it DIES AND DROPS ON IT'S SIDE...emptying all contents on the ground..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
A 2 wheeler don't do that !

As far as I know I'm just allergic to garlic and not all alliums.  I believe they tested me for onion, too, and I seemed to be OK with it.  I'll have to double check the sheet they gave me. Garlic is more than a sensitivity, it is a true allergy that causes my throat to swell.

Hey everyone, thank you for the ideas.  I can't wait to try them.

That's actually pretty good; it's easier to cook with onion and not garlic than neither! Not that having real allergies is much fun; I acquired one to sunflower proteins and have spent a whole lot of time reading labels since.

try subbing fennel seed for the garlic. I put the fennel seed in a ziplock bag, then pound it with my meat hammer until it's crushed. (gives a very nice Italian flavour and I use it a lot in my sauce). Just a thought.
I do indeed make my own Italian sausage, with mega Fennel....as well as pizza sauce~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wee.gif

great idea and would make awesome SOS. oohhhh, that sounds really good. Oh yeah, when I shop at the IGA they will grind/or tenderize any roast or boneless steak that I want. I have them run round steaks through the tenderizer twice and make country steak or chicken fried steak.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you sweet man !
You've pinned me !
That (the tenderizer) is my next TOOL...should arrive any time (when on sale) before Christmas !!!!!!!!!!
wink.png

lau.gif

No Grocery Store will tenderize our venison, elk steaks for us.....gotta do it yersef !

None yet. I bought some Chick Grit, but was afraid it would be too big for them. Should I put some in at 2 days old?
If you have your babies in an aquarium, you can raise them on sand...aka: playsand.
It is not flammable, and it great for the babies.
I frequently raise chicks on "basic" feed with Amprolium in the water instead of buying Chick feed with Amprolium in it.
And the sand does a great job.
The sand also does a great job in the compost, and has broken down this hard-as-nails-clay-soil just perfect !

Now that I've stopped reeling in horror at the idea of being allergic to garlic... have you tried adding sprouted radish seed or maybe arugula to give a little heat? It's not garlic, nothing is, but it might add to the complexity and depth of the seasoning.
I'm sensitve to pork, too, and have been dreaming of liverwurst, lately: there's nothing but pork/part pork on the market, chicken liver isn't what I want, and I'm about to track down veal liver and goose fat to see if that's a substitute.
Oh I love Arugula...but better than that is Mustard greens YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
The Japanese variety is what I love !

I would kill for pork liver...fresh, if anyone has any, providing it is CLEAN.
Just the liver, wrapped up in a package, period.

Wow, I can't believe people throw away good cast iron...the more used, the better they are! CL, if you come across a little one, please keep me in mind.
big_smile.png
Pots, pans of every size, dutch ovens, lids, those tea kettles that go on wood stoves....you name it, people throw them away.
Along with other good stuff:
Guns (were just jammed)
metal gun cases ($100-500 each at Cabelas)
Need I go on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom