Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are "T" eggs? Should I have some? Do they go in a 'bator or are they for eating? Where do they come from? What color are they? How big are they? Are they shiny?

Oh, duh! (turkey?)

Never mind!

(Cooked hubby a one egg omelet yesterday, it was HUGE [goose egg
lau.gif
] he gets another tomorrow)

lau.gif
You are priceless !I thought after posting that someone might think they were T's eggs.
I am having a hard time getting off the classifieds & auctions but meeting so many nice folks from all over the country, I love it !!

Last edited:
Phew what a day. Got tons done. Moved my Cornish crosses out to the shed. Its been around 65-70 degrees in there all day. Fingers crossed they will stay warm thru the night. My 9 Barred Rock Cockerels are so happy they have more room in the tub. Got the Chicken coop cleaned and put galvanized hardware cloth on the sides n roof of the inside of the chicken coop. Hopefully this will keep the mice out. Then got all the wood cut for my new potato boxes and garden boxes. YAY. Dinner is in the oven ( ham n potato casserole). Time to sit and relax. I hope everyone else had a productive Sunday.

yum, that sounds good, making a note to have that next...
droolin.gif
feets up, glass of cran juice coktail (my phoney cocktail cocktail...LOL) I too got alot done...despite how I always say I am going to lay around & relax all day, never happens.
big_smile.png

yum, that sounds good, making a note to have that next...
droolin.gif
feets up, glass of cran juice coktail (my phoney cocktail cocktail...LOL) I too got alot done...despite how I always say I am going to lay around & relax all day, never happens.
big_smile.png

It's funny how that happens, no matter how hard you try you never get to spend a full day relaxing.*sighs* Dinner was good but I am waiting for dessert. Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes... YUMMY.

So sad !!!!!!!!! My brother

Stay in bounds and play by the rules

yep --- I was well within bounds, skiing parallel to a well groomed trail, in soft fresh powder, but blew out my ACLs when my ski tips caught a root and the bindings didn't release -- I had been up Tye Mill and was skiing the "easy" stuff almost to the bottom - so I very carefully picked self up, locked into snowplow, stepped down maybe ten yards onto trail and made it down without having to call patrol

yes, when Stevens gets a fresh dump of powder, it is sinfully tempting to go ski the untracked stuff

yep --- I was well within bounds, skiing parallel to a well groomed trail, in soft fresh powder, but blew out my ACLs when my ski tips caught a root and the bindings didn't release -- I had been up Tye Mill and was skiing the "easy" stuff almost to the bottom - so I very carefully picked self up, locked into snowplow, stepped down maybe ten yards onto trail and made it down without having to call patrol
yes, when Stevens gets a fresh dump of powder, it is sinfully tempting to go ski the untracked stuff

especially on a weekend like this where it is super busy. us locals know where to go out of bounds to find powder that the tourists don't touch. but with a sudden new layer of powder almost 2 feet on compacted ice... well it was inevitable.
i asked dad if he knew "X's" name and it turns out one of the 3 guys is our neighbor. the other one was a higher up employee of stevens pass and was always at public functions and one of the people who made the summer bike park happen, and the other is another popular local personality. all 3 will be greatly missed.
2 of the guys is leaving behind a family with kids.
they were all prepared and experienced.

The area they were is considered the "backside" of 7th heaven. I did it once with friends when young and dumb... i didn't like hitch hiking hwy 2 back up to the ski area.... there is also a hike out area to it at the top of Tye mill.
my favorite area is the other out of bounds "backside" of big chief. always made sure to cut back to catch the lifts back up, always laughed at people that misjudged and had to hike up. that area has tight tree skiing with some small open meadows where it is fun to sit and chill. the trees are too dense to have an avalanche there, i keep an eye out more for tree wells, those are more scary.

especially on a weekend like this where it is super busy. us locals know where to go out of bounds to find powder that the tourists don't touch. but with a sudden new layer of powder almost 2 feet on compacted ice... well it was inevitable.
i asked dad if he knew "X's" name and it turns out one of the 3 guys is our neighbor. the other one was a higher up employee of stevens pass and was always at public functions and one of the people who made the summer bike park happen, and the other is another popular local personality. all 3 will be greatly missed.
2 of the guys is leaving behind a family with kids.
they were all prepared and experienced.

The area they were is considered the "backside" of 7th heaven. I did it once with friends when young and dumb... i didn't like hitch hiking hwy 2 back up to the ski area.... there is also a hike out area to it at the top of Tye mill.
my favorite area is the other out of bounds "backside" of big chief. always made sure to cut back to catch the lifts back up, always laughed at people that misjudged and had to hike up. that area has tight tree skiing with some small open meadows where it is fun to sit and chill. the trees are too dense to have an avalanche there, i keep an eye out more for tree wells, those are more scary.

When I heard the report I assumed it was 3 very foolish, unprepared skiers. Very sad.

But ahhh... the memories of 7th Heaven and Big Chief. Wish my knees would still let me ski. I spent a lot of time on those runs in my much younger days.

yeah I know there have been discussions for at least thirty years, about putting a lift of some sort on the back side of both 7th Heaven and Big Chief ... last I heard they still had the big old high speed rope tow that used to be the access for Chief ... but with all the entities that had to be satisfied, from Forest Service on down, I'm not surprised that it hasn't happened

I used to go up as chaperone/ski instructor for Edmonds School District but that was a few years back; did most of my instructing at Ski Acres instead (better pay and could stay in chalet overnight)

wonder if anyone ever taught a chicken to ski? I know they did put a couple on mini surfboards ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom