Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got cute baby pictures....... these are from my incubator. I managed to hatch all the fertile eggs.
big_smile.png

Still waiting on the broody eggs. I heard noise from one of them this morning but nothing yet.

That is so cute, it looks like its in jail saying let me out you know I didnt do it!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!!!

What a wonderful sunny day!!!! Got all my broccoli, cauliflower & brussel sprouts in today and weeded the lettuce and peas that went in 1-2 wks ago. Then stopped at True Value when I went to pick up pizza's for dinner, and grabbed more broccoli, brussel sprouts, walla walla's, red onion's, white onions, started peas (cause mine haven't really started yet) and some more seeds to put in tomorrowover the next few days. Also finished pruning all the raspberries. Gotta tackle the strawberry bed after I get the rest of my starts in, then the flower beds.

Tomorrow is a big hatch day here and so far not much happening in the incubator. Hoping the hatch goes well! Still haven't done my brooder shuffle yet!
Dana, soooooooooo sorry you have to deal with crazy neighbors!!! I agree, it sounds like they may be stealing those doggies!!!!!
hide.gif
Make sure you are checking craigslist too for missing pooches!!!!

Kim, sorry you have sick birdies.
hugs.gif
Hope you had fun in Cabo!!! We just booked a trip there for the first weekend in June to celebrate out 20th anniversary!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Breshcandra, congrats on the baby chicks!!!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!!

Just wanted to say hi to all my BYC buddies from Missoula Montana!
We tagged along with DH on his trip for work.
We are watching the kids swim at an indoor water park while it is snowing outside!
smile.png

*CR*- Don't get any ideas about my girls or their eggs! We hired a security guard to watch over them!!!
smile.png

Hope every one has a blessed Easter!!!
Uhm too little too late the SO CALLED GUARD and I have already worked a deal.
tongue2.gif
Been looking at yer pics looks like yer all having fun.
BTW Tamara and crew came and got her a coop from me today.

SadieSue, this sounds more then just "rescuing scraggly dogs". This woman obviously knows the value of the animals and they have collars. Hopefully they are "chipped". I think this scum has stolen the dogs to hold for a reward or to later sell them. Do a little research in your area, perhaps you can find the rightful owners and clue them in to where their dogs are.
Just my thoughts.
That was one of the first things I thought but figured maybe I was just not being trusting enough.

I have a little problem...

Today, I decided to move my 6 week old chicks to the mini coop. I put the heat lamp in it, facing the roost (and stairs). They seemed to be having a swell time in their new digs.

Problem: they are sleeping in a heap in the corner of the run (directly under coop), and I can't reach them to put them up on the roost. The run is hardware cloth, but there's no reinforcement about the bottom yet. So these babies are lit up and free to be a good snack for an enthusiastic digger. The side of the coop is too high for me to reach them (or be able to get out, if I climbed in). You can't reach their corner from the little door on the run (it's diagonal from where they are). I put some wood around that corner, but that just doesn't seem adequate. What would you do??

Okay, problem solved for tonight. I took out one of the inside coop floor panels and put my 7 year old in there. He put the chicks on the roost. LOL But that's probably just a temporary fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom