Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed the part of last year when I was so busy catching. I caught 9 in 3 weeks. Remember you wanted me to sell ya one and I said no until I am sure they will be OK. Well guess what you are welcome for me not taking yer money see all of those swarms are gone.
I do remember, but I also remember it was very late in the season & you said your own self that it would be hard fro the bees to survive the winter.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome!

The Mother Earth News Fair is a fair that focuses on sustainable lifestyles - permaculture, green living, that kind of thing. Here's the link to the main page of it:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/fair...gn=MEN+Fair&utm_source=iPost&utm_medium=email

You can download the Program Guide (which is a great resource, whether you go or not) here: http://www.motherearthnews.com/fair/pu-program-guide.aspx

I'm still debating if I'm going to go. I've been studying permaculture for - gosh, probably about 4 years, and really would like to go. I have to decide which takes priority - a fair or working on a chicken coop.
hu.gif
The Fair!! The chicken coop can be worked on later.
thumbsup.gif

Hey fellow Washingtonians!

Glad I finally found you all!

I live up in Snohomish County and just started my flock in February. We currently have 37 chickens between 3 weeks and 14 weeks old. Hoping all are pullets, (still waiting for a few of the young ones to fully feather out), and looking to add a few more to my flock.

I am looking for a breeder close, within an hour drive, or willing to ship to me.

Specifically looking for:
* blue laced red and black laced red wyandotte pullets
* blue, splash copper maran pullets
* blue andalusian pullets
*blue and lavender orpington pullets
*blue cochin pullets
* blue americauna pullets

Do you know of local breeders that work with these specific breeds?

Thanks for any and all help!

Marianne
WA4-HPoultryMom (Monroe) has the Wyandottes & I think some Cochins, pips&peeps has Ameraucana

Hey fellow Washingtonians!

Glad I finally found you all!

I live up in Snohomish County and just started my flock in February. We currently have 37 chickens between 3 weeks and 14 weeks old. Hoping all are pullets, (still waiting for a few of the young ones to fully feather out), and looking to add a few more to my flock.

I am looking for a breeder close, within an hour drive, or willing to ship to me.

Specifically looking for:
* blue laced red and black laced red wyandotte pullets
* blue, splash copper maran pullets
* blue andalusian pullets
*blue and lavender orpington pullets
*blue cochin pullets
* blue americauna pullets

Do you know of local breeders that work with these specific breeds?

Thanks for any and all help!

Marianne
Hi Marianne

You really like the blues!

I know that Cree Farms http://creefarm.fateback.com/ has had blue americauna and Blue splash Marans in the past.

Welcome to the Washingtonians Forum. Lots of nice people here and it is fast moving!

Carol

My little chickies are out growing the rabbit cage in the back room. It must be time to move them to the rabbit hutch in the barn. I had one that couldn't walk-it was ok when it hatched and then at about a week old it lost control of one of its leg. I tried splinting and treating like spraddle but it ddn't work. I haven't had to put down a chick before, so it was a tough morning. I had to figure out a way to do it so my daughter will think it just died. As soon as the deed was done, I heard one of the others crowing for the first time. Probably coincidence but it seemed remarkable. The chicks are 1 month old.

Hoping to make it to Mother Earth this weekend.

My little chickies are out growing the rabbit cage in the back room. It must be time to move them to the rabbit hutch in the barn. I had one that couldn't walk-it was ok when it hatched and then at about a week old it lost control of one of its leg. I tried splinting and treating like spraddle but it ddn't work. I haven't had to put down a chick before, so it was a tough morning. I had to figure out a way to do it so my daughter will think it just died. As soon as the deed was done, I heard one of the others crowing for the first time. Probably coincidence but it seemed remarkable. The chicks are 1 month old.

Hoping to make it to Mother Earth this weekend.
Sorry to hear that, I also had to put down a chick this morning about a month old as well. One of the little silkie chicks I bought (she didn't charge me for this one I offerd to take her) had developed cross beak. It got to the point recently that her bottom beak was lined up with her left eye it was so far off to the side. She was having one hell of a time eating. Not only was I having to trim the bottom beak but the top as well. I just felt it would be better for her to rest. But the other silkies are doing great!

I really wish I could go to the Mother Earth Fair, but it is a ways away for me and we have a lot going on this weekend. I hope every one that goes has a great time!

Quote:
Marianne, I don't know any breeders, I'm a new chicken owner myself. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. At least, I'd like to say
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
WA4-Hpoultrymom breeds Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. She is on vacation right now, but will be back in a few days. She lives in Monroe so you could PM her and see if she will have some eggs or could hatch out some chicks for you. Although I have her favorite incubator until around the 20th.
big_smile.png

I think she might have Blue or Lavender Ameraucanas too.

Last edited:
CR, thanks for your concern I do appreciate it. Yep, he's only out there with the chickens when I'm there and not doing anything else. He has shown remarkable restraint, especially when they peck the end of his tail.
Vigilance is the key. I hope he becomes bored with them or better yet "adopt" them into his "pack". (Me, #1 son and Jake) That would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom