Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Walker Midget Black Winged Bronze Turkles in lockdown today as well as MORE BBS jersey Giants.and Sweet Grass eggs will be shipped any day now !
wee.gif

I gotta take a pic of the Walker Midgets poults...........they are the cutest things.look like little emu chicks !!!
love.gif

Well I have to get to work on 1 more Buckeye painting..............and waiting on the lumber truck s/b here @ 1:00 PM...........SO EXCITED !!!!!
ya.gif

Hello to everyone I have not seen in a while !!!
And hello to all newbies !!!
Welcome to BYC !!!

This is going to be picture heavey!

These are the baby silkie chicks:

There is one white, two black with white feather tips, two light grey and one dark grey!

Next are the new girls I just picked up:

I thought I was getting a rumpless Araucana but she was the normal brown, even though the rumpless thing is cute I wanted a bit more unique to me! So here they are, they are so very perrrrrrtyyyy!

What brand did you buy? I want one so bad. We're going on a 10-day vacation this summer. We bought a nipple system because of that and it works AWESOME. Now, we just have to figure out what to do for the door-to-the-coop thing. I'll find someone to check in on the chickens each day, but I doubt I'll find someone who'd be happy to open a door each morning and close a door each evening.
http://www.chickendoors.com/

Hey, it even has a testimonial on the front page from Rob Ludlow! Cool.

My broody came out to get a drink, so I checked out the nest situation. It was a huge mess. She had broken 4-5 eggs, and a lot of the stuff was stuck to her underside. (She left a trail of eggs as she left the nest). I made a warm bath in the brooder tub and stuck her in it. Surprisingly, she did not protest or try to fly out. I don't have time to get her completely dry now, because I have to go pick up DS from school and then have an afterschool event to attend. Should I clean her up again or dry her later tonight? I cleaned up the nest (but didn't do anything to the eggs except move them around). So she's back in it now, with wet feathers and underside.

Walker Midget Black Winged Bronze Turkle Poult:

Tried to get the bugger to hold still...he/she wanted on me bad & would not sit still !

Had nice high fiber bread for lunch !
Looks like an emu chick, huh ?

Oh, and our lumber arrived !
Slid off the truck like a ton of bricks & nearly busted a few boards...but all is well & now TARPED !!!!!!!!!!
But even tarped & just sitting there makes me feel better !!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Now to save $ for the loft floor joists & decking..............creeping along at the speed of slugs............................

Wow that's a lot of work. We had to run new lines in our house to upgrade it. The electricians had a very difficult time of it even with us ripping open part of the walls for them. Just not a lot of room in old houses. I feel for you on getting those lines run.

I'd have to paint after scrubbing in the dinning room. Don't think I'd feel well with just the scrubbing.

oh the whole house is getting repainted inside. sorry I don't want mint green walls in kitchen and dining room or icky blue in the front room. a nice simple white is more my style. lol

Oh that is after a whole lot more scrubbing with bleach...

got home from town today to find that 2 of the baby chicks died. dang it. one was the oddball looking one that I was hoping to keep. I guess that is life. still sad. So now i am down to 16 baby chicks and 4 baby turkeys.....

The chicks are polish, silkies, and black copper marans. and they are so dang cute...

The turkeys look like 3 are narangansett and 1 is hoping for blue slate/chocolate cross. Not quite sure. This little bugger is white/cream colored while the other 3 are definately narangansetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom