Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 2 marans from Donald "chicken man" last year. He lives down the road a little bit away from me.
They were healthy and they lay steady dark eggs and one has been a good mom twice. His place seemed clean. A few people I know have gotten birds from him with no problems also. My mom bought several pullets from him 4 or so years ago and still has most of them and they are still laying.

BUT I Have seen a few posters here call him a chicken trader.

Please everyone , leave a comment on this site, she seriously needs to clarify we "free range hobbyists" are humane and caring for our poultry.
I so dislike people like this who group all chicken raisers into one group and want to denounce us all.

http://startananimalsanctuary.com/2...-eating-eggs-yes-even-free-range/#comment-198

She never said STORE BOUGHT EGGS she just says "free range eggs" of which I sell.

i was seriously desperate. He says he is the Original Chicken Man. I wonder who id the knock off chicken man?
idunno.gif
IDK...but I do know some OLD guys raising chickens....so he might not be so "original" after all.

I'm pretty sure this is the guy VelvetFog got sick chickens from and they infected his whole flock I would check with him
I agree, I think I remember that too.
That said, any chicken can get sick ON THE WAY TO your house, or catch a bug the next day.
Moving birds stresses them out bad, and yes they can get sick, even if they were healthy the day he sold them to you.

I got 2 marans from Donald "chicken man" last year. He lives down the road a little bit away from me.
They were healthy and they lay steady dark eggs and one has been a good mom twice. His place seemed clean. A few people I know have gotten birds from him with no problems also. My mom bought several pullets from him 4 or so years ago and still has most of them and they are still laying.

BUT I Have seen a few posters here call him a chicken trader.
Were is he ?
Is he on BYC ?
How did you hear about him ?

Hi everyone just stopped by to rant a little... NONE OF MY CHICKENS ARE LAYING... ugh so frustrating. I have 4 hens one of which is broody ( despite me trying to break her of it) Out of the other 3 only one is laying and only about 2 times a week... UGH I Have 4 RIR pullets who should have started laying almost a month ago and nothing yet... Geeze girls come on I need eggs. :eek:( and suggestions on how I can get them to lay? Anyway how is everyone else doing?

Hes down orville road outside of orting.
He lives near me and most people around here know him.
I doubt hes on BYC
I have seen his adds on CL for the last three years. I thought about buying some birds and coops (runs) from him BUT he was too far away from me.
Again I think this is the guy VelletFog bought chickens from that ended up with a cold like sickness and the rest of VF got infected by the new birds
I would talk to VF before buying. I'm NOT saying this guy sold sick birds on purpose

hello everyone, it's been a busy busy day for me.

I spent most of the day dealing with trying to find out what is going on with my oldest..

.(he did major wrong, spent almost 2 months in jail last january and february and then went to live with his bio dad's mom for the duration of his probation which is 2 years. the courts pushed for me to find a relative for him to live with. So after 12 years of no contact I found his bio dad's mom's number and got ahold of her. he plead guilty to serious charges due to him being violent with his younger brother and sister.) I get no answers from them and my ex hubby gets lies from her and from my son. My son is 16 and refuses to talk to me but will talk to his step dad. My mom ended up in the hospital so I called and got no answer..so left a message that it was important. My son calls his stepdad to find out what is going on and tells his stepdad that he don't want to talk to me because he doesn't like to have to be responsible for his crimes. His grandpa calls me and tells me that my son's probation officer told them he could have no contact. (a lie) yup it is a mess. It has definately been a stressfull time for me. I haven't talked to my 16 year old since christmas day when he told me "I got the present you sent, Is that all you got?" not even a thank you. :( he hasn't called since. and even if I do all I get is the machine.. ugh!!!!!!! Now it's just typed letter saying hi mom, did you get a job yet to pay my grandma the child support?

so to deal with the stress I went out and worked some on the chicken pen....

apparently, there are a few areas that chickens seem to be able to get through... and of course the dang pigeons keep getting out... my best guess is they are flying up.. Hubby put wire that was pretty big gaps. even though the pigeons have their wings clipped they seem to get fly anyways....

Yup chicken time is definately a good stress reliever... thank goodness for chickens.

6 day old nuggets in the house brooder.. 24 two week olds in the indoor cage and apparently i am getting 2 new kittens... named Scar and Yoda.... they are so dang cute.. well Scar is the ugly type of cute. He reminds me of Scar in the lion king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom