Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Migraines are caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. You need to see a neurologist. And you may be asking how do I know? I HAD them for several years. I sometimes got 4-5 a week. They kept me from work and driving. I was panicked with the headaches and Dr's telling me try this med and that. See I had just lost my dad to a brain tumor and his symptoms were very similar. I finally got a Dr. that sent me to a Neuro. He did tests told me what it was and put me on daily preventative meds. I have no problem now. Well with migraines!
hide.gif
Very True... I saw 2 neurologist when I was 7 and then again when I was 15 and they told me I have a chemical imbalance in my brain but they dont know what chemical it is... Both times I have tried 8 or 9 different meds in different amounts and nothin helped in fact most of the time it made them worst. I use to sleep in the bath tub with those big race track head phones with the AC on in the dark for 2 or 3 days at a time. No fun... Thankfully since I have had my kids it hasnt been that bad I get a really bad one every few months but for me I have found that caffeine (which is a chemical) seems to help... Not a lot just a few sips. I tend not to do well on meds so I myself would rather drink a soda... still no answers on why... but most of the time the drs are crazy anyway lol. Glad yours are better tho... that gives me hope that someday I will find the cause of mine.

More drama with the Drama! I tell you, that girl! This evening I went out to pick up my big huggable girl and noticed she has a cracked beak. This is my sand-eater, chicken chair baby. I tell you - this girl is driving me bonkers wondering what's going to happen next.

So, now... what am I supposed to do with a cracked beak? It has a jagged crack on the tip of the top beak.

You can get a nail file or a file in the garage and use it on their beaks. You can also trim it back a little with dog nail clippers or your own nail clippers. Do you have the Chicken Health Handbook or Storey's Guide to Chickens? I have them both and they talk about working with beaks. LMK if you want to come take a look or borrow one, and let me know if you want to come over tomorrow!!!

Haha, these girls are so sweet and loved sitting on my shoulder; completely mesmerized by the camera too! I'm a perfect stranger and they're supposed to be something like 8 weeks old and shy...um yeah, not so much. They kept trying to eat my earring

Does anyone know of a Snohomish Co 4-H poultry website? There's a yahoo group for horses but I can't find one for chickens. I have a RIR pair that need a new home and I though a 4-Her might like them.

OK... here's Drama's newest drama. It almost seems that the crack is to big to file. What do you think? She seems to be eating OK. We tested her with mealworms.

Why does my favorite chicken have to give me so much grief?!!!
barnie.gif

Oh my gosh! Cute picture Jessica!

Tomorrow I won't be able to. My oldest has piano in the morning, then I have to get allergy shots for myself, and my oldest - in two different docs, in different cities.

I would love to glance through your books though. Still coming over on Thursday?

Back to the beak issue... on one of the threads I read they may need calcium. Do 13-week-old pullets need added calcium in their diet? I didn't think that was used until they started laying.

That tiny hook needs to go, but after that don't worry about filing it smooth. You might need to eventually after the beak grows out some more, but she should take care of it on her own too, by using the ground and swiping her beak. Do you have see her "sharpen" her own beak? Mine do it all the time on the concrete blocks we have lying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom