Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get the keys to our new house tomorrow though! I am so happy and excited!

Congratulations! And, if I haven't said so yet... welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Most people have no idea how much it costs to raise a bird to maturity...and they never take in the fact that you cannot just go order a doz from Sears in December.
Saying "We'll replace them" is BS...where the heck do they think they will get "them" from ?????????????????
Despite the fact your birds may have been special ordered & hatched.................most people on the street just figure "hey ...it is a chicken...so we'll buy ya another one BFD"
But that is not the issue when your special ordered birds are killed....I ordered all mine by mail, hatched the eggs, raised them up, may have to order more hatching eggs....$$$$$$$
Anyways, I am off for another PB&J...G'night all !
frow.gif
I have a deal with the neighbors - a 50 pound sack of feed plus $20 for each bird their dogs kill. They got invisible fences after their dogs got in my yard this spring.

Thanks!

I'm walking about an hour a day and I try and get out to the lake with my canoe several times a week. The canoe is a 2 person inflatable, so that is work too! Being out on the lake is a relaxing break from a hectic fall.

I'm enjoying all your posts I come across - they are filled with really good information.

Quote: Based on what she lists as location it should be 360 but since you have the 2 and 3 I would think maybe 253???
idunno.gif

I dunno....ya know cell phone area codes are all over the place... :( I have to text her in the AM when I go pick up our birds from the PO....and she doesn't have internet at home, so she won't see this...

I'm Back. Any of the old crew out there right now?

I am gonna see if I can stay on here now without crying. It has been a tough road, but I have chickens once more in the backyard, and want to connect a bit.

Shout out to Rustler, and Lady, who I know are here.
Weave I am so happy that you are back. I am looking forward to your posts.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust other people when it comes to their dogs. One of our dogs is a greyhound-lab mix (or something very similar). We trained her to leave the chickens alone. The poor girl looks so guilty when she walks past one of the Belgians and they go nuts. George once tried to hop on her back. It scared the bejeezus out of poor Cricket. George will also charge after my mom's ratty-looking crazy terrier until he turns around and looks at her, at which point she'll stop and stare back. When he starts moving again, she'll charge after him. None of the chickens really know how to deal with the Moogle, our poodle-pomeranian mix who looks like an ewok with an underbite. When the chickens have picked on her enough, she'll just lose it and go after whoever is in the immediate area. She never touches them but she just sounds so ferocious. It's the funniest thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom