Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Lol! I don't have any Silkies that are old enough to lay yet. So I guess I just assumed because they are quieter sounding, that they might be quieter when they get to laying. I stand corrected!
gig.gif
I think hens are just plain loud sometimes.

Last edited:
I just remembered! I came across a book at the library called Goat: Meat, Milk, and Cheese. It has all sorts of goat recipes, that you might try.
Hmm, good idea. And that reminds me, Half Price Books has a shelf of animal husbandry books, I could probably find something on meat goats there. Thanks!

Jennifer

I had friends years ago that would have a huge party & goat roast every summer, lots of keg beer & camping over night.
They dug a pit, got lots of alder & maple & built a fire & roasted the butchered goat whole on a spit over the pit, turning every so ofte, and basting...man oh man was it ever tasty !!!
The goat was a dairy goat.
Tastes so much like Venison.
Very moist, lean...practically meat falling off the bone.
Served with ColeSlaw, Ranch beans, corn on the cob...awesome.
That sounds SO good! I've always wanted to roast a whole pig or goat. Maybe I can get a family member to try it some time when we're visiting them in Texas.

Jennifer

Thanks so much to everyone for the kind comments & well wishes for "Zoe"...she's still doing well. :)

The postmaster at the shippers PO made some calls & got an approval to reimburse the full shipping costs, so at least that's something...the birds aren't replaceable, so no amount of money would make this better, but at least I'm not paying for dead birds....

for those who have soil issues with rocks... same here... But I made a homemade soil sifter.
like this:
http:rebuild the frame since I screwed it up but it did a great job! all I had to do was shovel and haul the rocks elsewhere.
Add fingers to it an it will double as a chicken plucker!

Got my incubator from Ogress today. Now to decide if I am going to test it out and hatch something. I do have some EE/Fav eggs I could try to hatch. I don't know what I would get but it might be interesting. I wonder what hubby will say?
gig.gif

Hey Julie, will you have Buckeye chicks in the spring? I may be interested in a couple.

Extra bonus if they come with a big blue M on their backs!
lau.gif

You betcha!! That reminds me, I am seriously going to do that, to one of my cockerels and send you a picture! I was watching the Notre Dame / U of M game last weekend, and I was talking to my mom who lives in MI. As I was watching the game I was giggling about how it would look, if I did that!
ep.gif
lau.gif

There has to be some kind of vegetable dye that won't hurt if I put it on?? Ya think?
I'm totally going to go to the College web site and see if they sell like a baby shirt or something!! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom