Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow Washingtonians! I just wanted to introduce myself since I am very new to this website! I am Leah, I live in Woodinville, and I have 5 chickens and 2 ducks (so far lol). Looking forward to making some new friends
welcome-byc.gif
I live in Woodinville too! I started with four chickens and got up to thirty five! Not sure how that happen
hu.gif
I need to start DOWN sizing !

Let me give ya some advice , get off this Washington thread with its 86,000 plus pages and do like I'm going to do. MOVE over to the Colorado thread
tongue2.gif
they only have 775 page ! They only post once a month
thumbsup.gif
NOT ten times a day like most people here
duc.gif
I was on vacation for a week and now I'm 200 pages behind
rant.gif
old.gif

So here's the sweet little fun experiments we're doing this week. We're studying seeds and how things grow. We have 15 library books and a Magic School Bus video this week! The kids are having a blast. We planted beans in egg shells (which we'll dig up a different one every day to check its' progress, so it'll be a 12-13 day experiment), and we're sprouting a bean in the glass so we can see it happen. The kids have already checked it like 10 times since we put this all together...waiting is the hard part!

Tomorrow we'll make "paint" from the dye inside flower petals.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I've got the Midwest X-pen which I was lucky to find discounted 40% off at PetSmart last year. I did a search and found a vendor on Amazon for the Midwest cover.

Crate - can be either a wire with tray in the bottom, or plastic and wire carrier. I prefer a crate with solid walls though since the wire crate wouldn't really keep predator paws out very well. A crate inside the pen at night is something to keep them a little more secure from predators just in case one tried to get into my X-pen. The X-pen is staked into the ground so could be penetrated with some effort so I wanted another layer of protection. Also, since these Silkies have been living in the house, I'm babying them a little and letting them get acclimated to being outside so I like the idea of them having some solid walls around them while they sleep at night and are protected from wind and the elements.

I'm also throwing a tarp over the X-pen cover each night and weighting it down.

Good luck with your hatch! At day 20 you're in lock down so KEEP THOSE HANDS OFF the incubator. I know how hard that can be but your patience should pay off in baby chicks!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd really like one too! Let us know when you have some info Dawn!

wow - that is a lot of people interested! There is probably going to be a limit on how many I can purchase - maybe we should look at getting a case ourselves! I'll dig and see what I can see =)
Dawn, since you and I are members, we are able to do a special order if need be.

Yay! We'll have to see how many are in a case =)

So here's the sweet little fun experiments we're doing this week. We're studying seeds and how things grow. We have 15 library books and a Magic School Bus video this week! The kids are having a blast. We planted beans in egg shells (which we'll dig up a different one every day to check its' progress, so it'll be a 12-13 day experiment), and we're sprouting a bean in the glass so we can see it happen. The kids have already checked it like 10 times since we put this all together...waiting is the hard part!

Tomorrow we'll make "paint" from the dye inside flower petals.
thumbsup.gif

Warning!
old.gif
I did this in the spring - they were doing GREAT in our kitchen window - but on a sunny day I put them outside to get some sunshine.

When I saw a crow flying by with an egg in it's beak...I wondered, what the heck?
he.gif
Yep - the crows had flown off with my starts.

I wonder what the neighbors thought of all the dirt filled egg shells they found?

What do you all with silkies do for their run floor in our wet climate? We're doing a new run for them. I have tarps already and we're getting the pvc to make hoops to hold the tarp up. I just don't know what to do for the floor. I've put it off to long and need to get it done soon.

If you pray....please keep in mind my hubby. He's in agony needing a root canal and there won't be anyone who can address the issue until Tuesday. His appointment is set, but getthing there is gonna be a huge challenge from all the pain. He's tried every natural remedy we could google, plus he's on full time Ibuprofin + Percocet OR Vicodin and they're not helping in the slightest. Tomorrow he's taking John to his football game while I stay home with 2 feverish little ones. What a weekend!

I know I'm a little late to this topic but *praying*!!! I hope all goes well tomorrow and your DH finally gets some relief w/out having to take meds.

Here is another one of mine from way long years ago...a smapler.
When I make a quilt, I always make 2-3 extra blocks.
After a year or so, I sew all those extra blocks together to creat a sampler.
This one was for DH's nutty sister who loves color.

It is really fun to do a sampler.....and fast, since all the extra blocks were already made.

I love this one!! It's gorgeous and so super bright and colorful!

Thanks for the prayers for Isaac. He's actually been able to manage the pain by taking 1000mg of Vicodin. The Percocet they Rx'd him did nothing, luckily we're both so jacked up and in pain that we had plenty of Vicodin to pull from. It's more than he likes to take but hello! The pain was ridiculous :( I'm so glad he'll be relieved at his appointment tomorrow.

Dawn - that's so funny about your starts flying away with the crows! I'll keep an eye out for sure. I think we'll bring them in at night and only put them out in the afternoons when I'm not too busy with school/kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom