Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried calling Audrey.....but no answer.
There is 2 Long Boxes at the company, sitting out in their front parking lot, first come, first serve...FREE.
rare to have 2 be there at the same time, and they want them GONE so will not reserve.
I also have a long box here, cut in half.
So a person could get the 2 at the company, and this one here, so that would be 3, 20 feet long (mine is cut in 2-10 foot sections, so a total of 60 feet of planter box.
You'll need a trailer, a sawzall & batteries, and straps to tie them down.
We cut them in half, and get one right side up on the trailer, and the other half inside (upside down) in the first section.

The address is:

Pacific Edge Industries
2870 Ocean Ave (101)
Raymond, WA 98577

You can get directions/map here:
http://www.manta.com/cmap/mmnlq95/pacific-edge-industries

HURRY. The boxes can be gone today, or tomorrow.
You may be able to call them, and make sure boxes are there & talk them into holding them & ask them to spray paint SAVED on them, explain you are on your way from far away to get them & want to make sure they'll be there.
While you do that, if you want the box I have, PM me so I can give directions here.

If you are referring to me, I would like to state that before I even fired up the incubator, I read the articles here on BYC, I googled the subject and read instructions on hatching chickens as well as general poultry, watched a YouTube video on it, and read Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens. Guess what? They all have conflicting information! The general steps match, but if you look for the exact values for details (like how long it takes chicks to emerge), you either can't find them or they say different things. Even the people I have talked to say different things! I had one breeder tell me that if I reached day 21 and they weren't out I needed to take them all out. See why I am frustrated? I know I come up with dumb questions about things that others wouldn't even think of, but that's why I'm on here, to get answers.

Jennifer
The only dumb questions are the ones you do not ask, we are here to help.
Ask any questions you like.

Chickielady - I would live the cartons! I will share too
wink.png
how far is Raymond from Olympia? I'm going down there sometime this month to a pumpkin patch and might be able to pick them up. If not maybe I could just pay the shipping?
You could do that.
From Oly to here is about 45 minutes.
Or I can ship.

FYI, these are different from the Ovotherm ones I have now and that Renee posted a picture of. The hexagon ones are a different plastic, less see-through as well.
Yes they are not completely clear, later I can put some eggs in one & take a pic.
They are more opaque, but can still see egg colors through them.

Quote:
I have a heated tin that I placed under my waterer last year, but probably only needed it for a week or so. If ice forms on the surface of your water you can go out and break it up a few times a day so it's probably more of a convenience than a necessity. There are plans for a "cookie tin" water heater that can be made pretty inexpensively. I'm guessing the plans can be found easily in a search.

I noticed that my Orpington has a red rashy looking spot on the backs of both feet. Any ideas whether this is something I should be worried about. Still perching and walking fine.

Alright, that's it. Whoever wrote the instructions for my incubator can go do anatomically impossible things with themselves. I just put both of the vent covers back in. Within a couple of minutes, the humidity went up 2%. I'm sick and tired of my chicks getting stuck.

The BLRW is pecking at the thermometers and trying to eat its poop.

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom