Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Hi RFF! Glad to see you!
frow.gif

I figured this would be the best place to ask. When will the show catalog/entry form be posted for the show in Chelis or whatever next month? Thanks.

I figured this would be the best place to ask. When will the show catalog/entry form be posted for the show in Chelis or whatever next month? Thanks.
Here is the website for the show in Chehalis. Gives the dates, but the catalog and entry forms are not up yet.
http://washingtonfeatherfanciers.webs.com/wffwintershow.htm

Thanks to some great enablers here on BYC, I now have two very pretty silkie girls from Ultsol. Wish I could have gone to the show myself, but next best thing is getting birds from great BYC people. Hopefully I get to meet Jennifer and others at the November show!

I scanned the hundreds of post over the last three days, but I you guys are too chatty!

Itsren- Congrats on the hatch! Cute chicks!

Hope everyone is enjoying this rain! I kind of am, and I am kind of sad that summer weather is really over.
sad.png

welcome-byc.gif
to all of the new people!

Well I am going to go check on my new girls! Pictures soon!

Quote: Finches have to be hand fed and even then rarely survive, they aren't like chickens that can take care of themselves right away. The parents are either hatching the eggs or it isn't going to happen. ;) I can't hand feed a baby bird.
I hear ya I have done my share of hand feeding parrot type birds just never anything as tiny as finches.

One of finches is laying eggs. They are soo itty bitty, there is a dime in the picture to show their size:

I doubt that they will be hatched or that the babies will survive if they do hatch..but they're cute anyway.

Hmm...Don't count them out yet! When I was a teenager I had a couple pairs of zebra finches, and both successfully raised a couple clutches of happy, healthy babies. The first couple of tries were unsuccessful, but then I added some egg shells to their diet, and things took a turn for the better. Good luck! Baby birdies are fun.
wee.gif

--Nikki

Quote: Many years ago I had zebra finches that hatched a few eggs. Had maybe 5 total hatch. All but 1, grew to be adults. The female was an egg laying machine. 1 egg every other day for years.
One could starve to death on only one finch egg every other day!!!!
yuckyuck.gif
I never even thought to eat them.

One of finches is laying eggs. They are soo itty bitty, there is a dime in the picture to show their size:

I doubt that they will be hatched or that the babies will survive if they do hatch..but they're cute anyway.
Oh gosh they are so precious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif
What kind of finches ???????????????? I love their songs !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom