Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this would be the best place to ask. When will the show catalog/entry form be posted for the show in Chelis or whatever next month? Thanks.
WFF catalog is always posted on their web site, and this year it is a month early...whereas usually the "Winter Brisk" was in December...this year it is in NOV !!

http://washingtonfeatherfanciers.webs.com/wffwintershow.htm

celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Ran across this article because my cousin's husband's band is playing at the closing party for Soul Food Farm in Napa, CA: a sad testimony to the results of bad feed crop conditions this year!

Seriously, folks: if you have storage room and a bit of ready cash, this would be a good time to buy a few sacks of extra feed.

Oh gosh they are so precious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif
What kind of finches ???????????????? I love their songs !!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to add:
Justbugged raises finches.......she'd love to have eggs I bet~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
big_smile.png

Dang...........it is MONSOONING HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NON STOP DROP DEAD RAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The kind that will get ya soaked through to your underpants by the time you run 10 feet to your car~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RIVERS running down the driveway~~~~~~~~~~~~FLIPPING OUT the tarps on the house.............
fl.gif

Quote:
Me too. But I think Ren has a glass aquarium brooder for now and they really hold in the heat. I would be cautious with that setup too. When I brooded my chicks inside, they had a 2'x4' plywood brooder with a mesh top. There was a nice LARGE area to roam and play that was room temperature, and a very small hot spot they'd go to get warm in a corner. With a small aquarium you can't really do that.
I also have my chicks in a glass aquarium for a brooder, but mine is a 150gallon tank so they have plenty room to get away from the heat if they need to. My first five chicks were brooded in a 10 gal tank, and that worked out just fine. But I did have a thermometer in there and had to watch it more carfuly.
Quote:
So the black one (the one standing tall) came out of the olive egg.

The other dark ones came out of brown eggs. They look almost exactly alike. I'm trying to pick out distinguishing features so we can remember who is who. I'm guessing their names are going to get confused a lot.

The yellow one came out of a white egg.

Any idea on what sex they may be at this young of an age? I've heard some breeds can be sexed by color. I don't know anything about Salmon Faverolles and CR didn't know which hen(s) laid which eggs.
I have not idea on the sex of your chicks, but as far as trying to keep track of who is who one thing I do with chicks that all look the same is put a tiny bit of food coloring on my finger or a Q-tip and put it on their head. That way you can see who is who by what color is on their tiny little heads. And the kids LOVE it!
Quote: The rain has picked up quite a bit here now to. I don't really care for the rain, but that is just because if it is not at least 80 out I am always cold. I hate being cold. Although I am glad that it is washing away some of the chicken poo!

While this past show was the lowest sales I have had at a PNPA show. That is no reflection on the PNPA club or the fine job they do in putting on a show. Every time out is a gamble for me. While I hope to make a few $$ when I set up. At the poultry shows I have the outlook that if I make enough sales to cover expenses it is good. See I figure that once expenses are covered that means DW and I got a free trip to go spend the weekend with a great group of AWESOME friends.
Speaking of awesome friends. I owe a big THANK YOU to many here who at Monroe 2011 pushed (encouraged {dang enablers} ) me to get serious and really go at this. I would name them but am sure that I may over look somebody and hurt some feelings. You all know who you are.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am looking forward to the Chehalis show NOVEMBER 17. Especially since it is only 15 miles from home. However while I really enjoyed the potluck we did in my vendor booth last year I would prefer not to do that again. And the only reason is that quite honestly I think it hurt my sales quite a bit. See as I was looking out from the back I could see that while what we did was so awesome and we also shared our lunch with some who otherwise had nothing for lunch. It did make it very hard for people to look through my items.

I still haven't seen the catalog for the Chehalis show. Anyone know when it will be posted online? I've been checking daily for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom