Watched my friend getting attacked by a rooster😂

I have a roo that chases away all the pigeons-as he had noticed me chase them away - or Ill catch and cage them because they eat my flock's food, so the roo has taken on the job now! has eaten a pigeon so far, and has a beak like a hawk...very, very identifying :))
Say what!!!?😳
(can you send a photo of this- rooster😅)

Well, @33ChickenLovers, apparently watching me "dance" with the roosters must have inspired my folks. Eventually, I did end up at Mildred Bates' dance studio where I took tap and ballet lessons. Maybe they thought that would make the "performance" more interesting.

Actually, I think they believed in that old adage that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I either needed to learn to deal with the rowdy roos on my own -- or run a heck of a lot faster!

The idea, according to my mom, was to help me become more graceful. I think that was an epic fail.

But, I'm glad I took lessons and even took a few ballet classes as an adult.

These days, the closest I get to either dance is watching Classical Stretch on PBS, the show with the former ballerina who teaches people how to GENTLY move their bodies.

The idea, according to my mom, was to help me become more graceful. I think that was an epic fail.

But, I'm glad I took lessons and even took a few ballet classes as an adult.

These days, the closest I get to either dance is watching Classical Stretch on PBS, the show with the former ballerina who teaches people how to GENTLY move their bodies.
I mean if you do/did dancing, good on you!

..couldn’t agree more on the last paragraph.

I remember when my niece was about 3 or 4, she was with my father and BIL, walking through the chicken yard. A roo jumped up to flog her. She ducked behind BIL’s legs to safety.

Without missing a beat, my father grabbed the roo’s head and wrung his neck. Said he wouldn’t tolerate any animal attacking us kids.

It was a good lesson for everyone involved.

I remember when my niece was about 3 or 4, she was with my father and BIL, walking through the chicken yard. A roo jumped up to flog her. She ducked behind BIL’s legs to safety.

Without missing a beat, my father grabbed the roo’s head and wrung his neck. Said he wouldn’t tolerate any animal attacking us kids.

It was a good lesson for everyone involved.
That's what I love about wringing necks, if you know what your doing you can easily kill a bird in under two minutes.

Back
Top Bottom