Water coming out of ducklings nose when drinking!!!?

MichikoSaur

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Texas
I have to ducklings and Ive been noticing that they kind of sneeze. But this morning I noticed that he would drink some water and when he comes up the water seems to run out of his nostrils.... is this normal? or do I have something to worry about?

In most cases it is normal. When they drink they also clean out their nostrils- thats the sneeze noise you can hear. Its only when the fluid coming from their nostrils isnt the water they have just been drinking that you should worry- it can be a sign of respiratory problems.

if you havent already noticed I'm kindof new to ducks haha
ohh and I LOOVE your profile pic! it's soo cute! ^.^

Part of the fun of being a new duck owner is noticing all the funny little things about them... Good to worry sometimes and ask questions when you are not sure- it shows you really do care about your new babies. I call the photo I used " Turtle Duck" Thanks..I m glad you like it.

My runner duck hatched 2 days ago.. all the others are running around eating and drinking. This one still can't stand and won't eat. When I give water it comes out of its nose... any suggestions of what I can do?
I have liquid recover to try and crop feed but still comes out of its nose.

If 2 days old it may not need to eat or drink yet. How is it getting the water that is coming out of it's nose? is the duckling drinking on its own. So easy to aspirate them when using a syringe to give water. Especially when one is so tiny
Did you assist with this one? Assisted hatches take longer to recover.

Back
Top Bottom