Water freeze

My chicken coop is very close to my garage. There's even a door that hooks up to my chicken run. Running an extension cord is a good idea. I'll let you know how it works!
celebrate.gif

Guess what?! My aracuna laid a colored egg for the first time!!!!!!!!!! It was a light blue. And I've never had 3 eggs in one day!!!!!!!! I think the heat lamp worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what?! My aracuna laid a colored egg for the first time!!!!!!!!!! It was a light blue. And I've never had 3 eggs in one day!!!!!!!! I think the heat lamp worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats ! I love it when you get a first egg, especially colored eggs. I'm so glad things worked out for you :D

Well, it wasn't really the first time a chicken laid an egg. It was just the first colored egg laid. But thanks!!! ( I am happy for my little chickies!!!!!!!!)

My water freezes through every day in the winter. I usually pour boiling water on the ice, but that doesn't always work. If it's frozen through and through, take a nail and a hammer and break up the ice. If you don't have a metal waterer already, I'd suggest getting one to prevent the waterer from cracking.
old.gif

My water freezes through every day in the winter. I usually pour boiling water on the ice, but that doesn't always work. If it's frozen through and through, take a nail and a hammer and break up the ice. If you don't have a metal waterer already, I'd suggest getting one to prevent the waterer from cracking.:old

yikes, do you not have any access to electricity? Even running an extension cord? We ran a cord the first year, all went well, but this year we just wired the coop for power. Best thing I ever did! Since chickens need water constantly, around here I would be taking water out several times a day, so glad for the tin can heater and power!

Back
Top Bottom