Water freeze

heat rises,so putting the heat source underneath the waterer will be much more effective than it radiating down.

Last edited:
Ok. And I use this information........
hmm.png

Last edited:
Ok. And I use this information........
hmm.png
oops sorry chicken gal, started to return a post and didn't realize partial went on.....
I started to say heat rises, so putting the heat source underneath the waterer will be much more effective than it radiating down. I use plug in heated water bowls and others have alot of luck with "cookie tin" type heaters. Whatever you use be safe, electricity,water,and heat, can be dangerous combinations, search the forums there has been a ton of info on this subject lately
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have a plastic water container and it relys on the the lid to stay on for the water to not over flow. Had our first snow fall today and is getting down to 20 or lower at night, any suggestions on how to keep the water from freezing?

I've used a cookie tin type heater with a Thremocube for the past two winters and have never had frozen water. They are inexpensive and work great.

oops sorry chicken gal, started to return a post and didn't realize partial went on.....
I started to say heat rises, so putting the heat source underneath the waterer will be much more effective than it radiating down. I use plug in heated water bowls and others have alot of luck with "cookie tin" type heaters. Whatever you use be safe, electricity,water,and heat, can be dangerous combinations, search the forums there has been a ton of info on this subject lately
big_smile.png
Thanks!!!!!!

I have a plastic water container and it relys on the the lid to stay on for the water to not over flow. Had our first snow fall today and is getting down to 20 or lower at night, any suggestions on how to keep the water from freezing?
I live in alaska and what I do is I keep a heat lamp under it.

Back
Top Bottom