Water ideas!

TiaNicole

In the Brooder
May 18, 2020
Naples Florida
Does anyone have any good ideas for their ducks water that they’d like to share? My sweet little ducklings love playing in their water which means I have to clean their cage more! Thanks

I just made my water dish from a plastic container with a closed lid and a made a hole in it. It’s somewhere suggested on the site. Unfortunately I don’t know where exactly as I just came across and I’m not a longtime member 😬.
some of the experienced BYC members maybe knows

IMG_0441.JPG

I bought a plastic tub, and drilled holes in the lid. I have wood pellets inside to soak up spills. I use a small whisk broom to sweep the top off daily. This is on one end of their brooder. It has done a great job keeping the bedding dry. (At least for the first week.) I'm sure my challenges will increase each week as they get older!

Attachments

• 20200522_154126.jpg
    20200522_154126.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 5
I bought a plastic tub, and drilled holes in the lid. I have wood pellets inside to soak up spills. I use a small whisk broom to sweep the top off daily. This is on one end of their brooder. It has done a great job keeping the bedding dry. (At least for the first week.) I'm sure my challenges will increase each week as they get older!
Yes, having a pan under the waterer really really helps with the mess. Mine isn't as fancy as yours, just a rectangular pan with hardware cloth over it and Dollar Tree shelf liner to cushion their little webbies.

I just made my water dish from a plastic container with a closed lid and a made a hole in it. It’s somewhere suggested on the site. Unfortunately I don’t know where exactly as I just came across and I’m not a longtime member 😬.
some of the experienced BYC members maybe knows
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom