Water nipples

They do quite well on nipples from day one to the end. They never have anything else.

Nor do they need it. Listen to Neil. He knows of what he speaks.

big_smile.png

Last edited:
Bought 5 of them off Amazon & use 4 of them in a Double Bubble bucket I drilled holes in...SUPER TIGHT! Wish I woulda ordered this BEFORE I ordered the regular waterer...talk 'bout waste! how much gunk & poop would get into their supply! NO MORE! GUNK & POOP BE GONE!!! Now, how can I convert my big birds waterer to a nipple system? Anyone with a good cover to use off the old style waterer?

Quote:
Neil, I didn't know there were different flow rates. My older hens seem dissatisfied with their nipples and go running for the pans of water I have in the yard when I let them out of the run. I know they get adequate water from the nipples but they seem to want bigger gulps. Would you suggest switching to higher flow? I got my threaded nipples from QC Supply.

Thanks,
5Leepy!

5Leepy! :

Quote:
Neil, I didn't know there were different flow rates. My older hens seem dissatisfied with their nipples and go running for the pans of water I have in the yard when I let them out of the run. I know they get adequate water from the nipples but they seem to want bigger gulps. Would you suggest switching to higher flow? NO I got my threaded nipples from QC Supply. WHAT HAVE THEY SUGGESTED THAT YOU DO?

Thanks,
5Leepy!

Have the nipples at the correct height, take the pan away and let everyone live with the fact that they are getting plenty of water.​

I haven't asked QC Supply for any advice. I'm not overly worried or concerned. It's just something I noticed. I'm keeping the pans out mostly so they can cool off in them. I also put frozen gatorade bottles in the pans and they stand in them. Temps in the 100's these past few weeks. I was just wondering if you had seen/heard of this and had any suggestions.

Thanks for the reply,
5Leepy!

Hi! I just started with the 5 gallon bucket/water nipples this week and I was SO surprised at how quickly the chickens picked it up. We have 7 that are over a year and 3 that are almost 3 months. I just held a meal worm up to the nipple so they would have to hit the nipple to get the meal worm. After doing this with 3 of the older ones, they got it and showed it to everyone else. In our set up, the buckets set into what was a huge fish tank stand. It is covered on 3 sides, so the buckets themselves stay shaded all day and I covered the lids which see about 4 hrs of sun, with the FarmTek foil stuff that they use for mailers. This kept the water pretty cool, but I found that if I freeze two, 2 Liter bottles (one for each bucket) and put it into the buckets each afternoon the water stays cold...they LOVE it. Then I just freeze the two that were in and repeat the next day. Hope this helps. The water stays clean and cool! I am SO glad that I tried it out!

WatWasIThinking!!! :

Just ordered 15 nipples from QC Supply at $1.18 a piece with shipping at $6 and change!! Cheapest place I've seen them yet.

You don't know where to shop!

QC Supply $24.05
Me $22.89

Exact same product.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom