water!

EmilyOfIndiana

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 17, 2013
Centrail Indiana
OK, this summer me and my dad are planning on building a new coop and I want to try a different watering system then just what we have now which is pretty much two big hog pans filled with water that I change everyday. However, I have birds that have been raised with the bowls.

Will they be able to catch on to whatever I do with their water? I want to try nipples maybe. Or do they need to be raised around it to know? I dunno, it all just seems a little high tech to me but I figured if me and my dad can build pig waterers than we can pull this off.

Last edited:
OK, this summer me and my dad are planning on building a new coop and I want to try a different watering system then just what we have now which is pretty much two big hog pans filled with water that I change everyday. However, I have birds that have been raised with the bowls.

Will they be able to catch on to whatever I do with their water? I want to try nipples maybe. Or do they need to be raised around it to know? I dunno, it all just seems a little high tech to me but I figured if me and my dad can build pig Waters than we can pull this off.
They catch on to the nipples almost immediately. If you leave the old pan s in the coop that is where they will go. Remove that and they will use the nipples.
This is my solution to watering pictures taken almost two years after install. Never had to clean it and always fresh and full.

Back
Top Bottom