Waterer and feeder size.

Thanks guys! With it being the hottest part of the summer here now on top of transitioning them to outside. I think I’ll start off with a ‘regular’ hanging trough waterer in the run and one in the coop. When it starts to cool down later this year and they’ve adjusted to being outside then I’ll make the switch to the nipple style waterers.
Great advice and much appreciated!

Good videos! I will definitely convert a bucket with nipples once they’ve gotten used to the new run and coop area.

they’ll be close to 7-8 weeks old by then. Any suggestions on doing this with older, less easy to handle chcks? Will they peck at it bcs it’s shiny and new And figure out there’s water there on their own?

Any suggestions on doing this with older, less easy to handle chcks? Will they peck at it bcs it’s shiny and new And figure out there’s water there on their own?
Since you'll also have an open waterer, I'd just let them figure it out on their own other than tapping it a few times. Once one of them start messing with all the rest will too.

I use a 5gallon bucket and have a self watering system that runs in the coop and the run all you need is a 5gallon bucket an old water hose you can cut and a pvc pipe why i don't have a pic of my water system i will take one when it gets light out and post it. My 10yo daughter told me about it dont know where she saw it or figured it out but it works great and the water stays clean

Good videos! I will definitely convert a bucket with nipples once they’ve gotten used to the new run and coop area.

they’ll be close to 7-8 weeks old by then. Any suggestions on doing this with older, less easy to handle chcks? Will they peck at it bcs it’s shiny and new And figure out there’s water there on their own?
You may have to show them a couple times

Back
Top Bottom