Waterer for duck house?

Corrigan

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
What do you use to give your ducks water at night? They manage to make a mess from their water in everything I've given it to them - even those little chicken waterers. Somehow they even splash water everywhere from one of those. Is there anything you can use that will keep them from somehow getting it everywhere?

And while I'm at it, lol, what do you give them their food in? I'm just curious about that one.
smile.png

The only thing I've been able to find is anything that waters from a nib, such as water bottles and most of your automatic waterers. The ducks can't make a mess and they can still get a drink.

We don't give any of our birds water in their pen at night. If we do they spend all night playing and making a mess rather than sleeping.

I use a 5 gallon bucket with round holes just big enough for them to stick their heads in.
The holes are about back high i would say i measure how high to put them by putting it in the pen and seeing them beside it.
I used one of those hole saw things you put on a drill.
Then i have the bucket on a 2x4 frame i built covered in hardware cloth with a stepping stone for them to step up onto the wire.

It has worked wonderfully they can spill and it goes right through the wire and they can't muck in it.
And because of the holes they don't splash or bill it out.
Now they still get food and other things in it holding food in there bills taking it to the water.

You didn't say how big they were if they are small i recommend useing a gallon milk jug same as above.
holes just big enough for their heads and about back high.
Put it in there before you cut the holes to figure the hight by seeing them beside it.

Their food mine are about half grown and i feed them out of one of those metal dog food pans.
I give them a scoop of feed 3 times a day and i don't feed them at night.

My little ducks i use chick feeders the long kind and it works okay.

Back
Top Bottom