Waterer problem

Sue Gremlin

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 1, 2013
Colebrook, CT
I just bought this 5 gal waterer--see link.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/chicken-equipment/farm-tuff-top-fill-poultry-waterer-5-gal--2167442

I wish I had read the reviews before I wasted $33 on this thing. It is either completely closed and doesn't give out any water at all, or it leaks all over the coop floor and makes a gigantic mess.

Has anyone had an issue with this type of waterer? DO you have any recommendations for a waterer that holds 5 gallons and doesn't leak? I have a 1 gal waterer that needs filling sometimes twice a day and that is really a pain. Kinda frustrated.

the link didn't take me right to it, was it the 5 gal 'top loading' one??

I dunno, I seem to have problems with 'hanging' plastic waterers but don't want to use the metal ones:(

Sorry no suggestions, can you just take it back? TSC is pretty good about returns with a receipt.
Diane

the link didn't take me right to it, was it the 5 gal 'top loading' one??

I dunno, I seem to have problems with 'hanging' plastic waterers but don't want to use the metal ones:(

Sorry no suggestions, can you just take it back? TSC is pretty good about returns with a receipt.
Diane

I'll see if I can find the receipt somewhere. I just got it last night. I guess I'll try to trade it for a metal waterer.

Yes I have bought the same one and had the same issues at first. What I've found out that works, but haven't used it in a while since its winter is that you have to put the bottom cap on it while filling it. Once it is filled put the top cap back on pretty tight and fill the reservoir . Then you can take the bottom cap off and it should work just fine.

With Chicken water cups, you just add water to a 5 gallon bucket so you never have to take anything apart or move stuff around. they are very convenient and work great.

That is fantastic. I live in a pretty cold climate so I am not sure I'd be able to keep those from freezing. But they are great for summer. I want to try something like that in their outdoor run.

Back
Top Bottom