Waterer suggestions- Leaking water nipples

We only had success with the nipples when installing them on small bottles for our brooders / isolation pens. When installed on large buckets, they leaked. Plumbers tape helped, but didn't entirely stop the leak.

We ended up buying the auto fill cups from Amazon. We installed 2 of them on a 5 gallon bucket about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and, so far so good!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FDVY4YT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

(We also used the cups with the yellow lever, which also didn't leak, but my chickens couldn't figure it out).

I have been lusting after that waterer every time I go on the Premier1 site.
The one thing that always deters me is how can you see when the level of water is getting low? It looks like you wouldn’t be able to see a water level through the blue. Or can you?
I have an opaque white bucket with horizontal nipples installed currently. It sits on a stack of pavers. I give it a poke every day when checking the chickens or letting them out/putting them in their coop for the day. If it rocks easily because there's no water to weight it down then it's time to refill it.

I also have the Premier1 heated waterer on its way to me now to use this winter. I wasn't looking forward to having to figure out how to keep fresh water for the chickens this winter!

Back
Top Bottom