Watery egg whites!

Chivo1

Hatching
May 9, 2021
Hi Guys,

New too the forum as dont really know where to get good advice, we have had our 2 Hens for 4 months and they are happy hens in a large run with coop free ranging a few times a week when we are out in the garden.

They were 22 weeks when we got them and there eggs were beautiful, they are right little characters too 😂

The last month or so the whites of their eggs have become watery gradually getting worse. They are fed mainly on layers pellets, grit is available alon with fresh water.

Coop is poop scooped Daily and full coop clean once a week.

Shells of the eggs are usually good and solid and the yolk is great.

Should we be worried?

Any help would be great, Thanks in advance!

Ian

Hi Guys,

New too the forum as dont really know where to get good advice, we have had our 2 Hens for 4 months and they are happy hens in a large run with coop free ranging a few times a week when we are out in the garden.

They were 22 weeks when we got them and there eggs were beautiful, they are right little characters too 😂

The last month or so the whites of their eggs have become watery gradually getting worse. They are fed mainly on layers pellets, grit is available alon with fresh water.

Should we be worried?

Ian
What do you mean by watery? Like not as thick?

Attachments

• 16205781563658300889760771642622.jpg
    16205781563658300889760771642622.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 21
Any other foods/treats given?

Digestive Granite Grit or Oyster Shell grit?
How is it offered?
Hello,

Occasional meal worms, some veg and salad scraps, i put a hand full of grit (all around mix of oyster shell, grit ect from the local shop)

Don't feed them corn as they just chuck it everywhere and I don't want to encourage rats.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Should we be worried?

Ian
Hi there! I've been dealing with watery egg whites for a month or so now, from my 2 year old RIR. Her eggs have become very elongated as well. Just by searching google I read that infectious bronchitis can cause this. But my bird seems totally healthy, no runny nose, eyes, no cough, no lethargy. So I'm stumped as well.

Back
Top Bottom