Watery poop

Are all of the chickens having watery poop? Is it warm? They can have more watery poops if drinking a lot of water. Worming is something you might want to do occasionally. Or you can take a sample in to your vet for a fecal float. Cottage cheese can be good for diarrhea in small amounts. Giving them probiotics may help as well.

Welcome To BYC

Photos are always welcome.

Water consumption, consumption of watery fruits/veggies, hot weather, etc. can all affect the consistency of poop.

What do you feed?

Attachments

• wet poop.JPG
    wet poop.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
It's not hot here (on LI) but i do give my 2 girls (i lost 2 more to a raccoon and a hawk!) about 3 cups of green leaves and maybe 8 grapes and a tomato each morning. I gave them some cabbage but they didn't like it much!

I forgot to mention i also give them as much egg layer as they want. Also scratch and some sunflower. They only free range for an hour or so each day while i watch them because i'm afraid the hawk will return.

I forgot to mention i also give them as much egg layer as they want. Also scratch and some sunflower. They only free range for an hour or so each day while i watch them because i'm afraid the hawk will return.
It's not hot here (on LI) but i do give my 2 girls (i lost 2 more to a raccoon and a hawk!) about 3 cups of green leaves and maybe 8 grapes and a tomato each morning. I gave them some cabbage but they didn't like it much!
I don't really see anything alarming.
Since they are getting to range a bit you may need to cut back on some of their goodies since there's only 2 of them. Scratch and sunflower seeds especially since those can be high in fat and low in protein.

I'm sorry to hear you lost 2 to predators.

I don't really see anything alarming.
Since they are getting to range a bit you may need to cut back on some of their goodies since there's only 2 of them. Scratch and sunflower seeds especially since those can be high in fat and low in protein.

I'm sorry to hear you lost 2 to predators.
Thanks so much! That's really reassuring!

Back
Top Bottom