Watery poop

k9chickenlady

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Hi everyone!
I have a 2 1/2 year old Rhode Island Red hen with watery poop, drinking a lot, pale comb, sits around more than coop-mates, eating well but is skinny.
This has been going on for about 2 months.
I took to my dog vet, they did fecal and looked at her. The said fecal was ok (I don’t feel very about their chicken skills).

I treated with apple cider vinegar in water for two weeks

gave probiotics/vitamins in water for a month and a half

I dewormed twice two weeks apart with safeguard

treated whole flock with corid in water for 7 days

She seems to continue to be about the same.

I don’t know what else to do, any ideas? Thank you!!

Has she been molting recently? Is she laying eggs? Check her skin under the vent and elsewhere for signs of lice or mites. I would probably go ahead and treat her for possible worms with either Valbazen 1/2 ml orally once, repeating it in 10 days, or giving SafeGuard 1/4 ml per pound of weight (or about 1.5 ml for a 6 pound hen) given for 5 consecutive days. She could be suffering from cancer or a reproductive disorder that is causing weight loss and diarrhea.

Has she been molting recently? Is she laying eggs? Check her skin under the vent and elsewhere for signs of lice or mites. I would probably go ahead and treat her for possible worms with either Valbazen 1/2 ml orally once, repeating it in 10 days, or giving SafeGuard 1/4 ml per pound of weight (or about 1.5 ml for a 6 pound hen) given for 5 consecutive days. She could be suffering from cancer or a reproductive disorder that is causing weight loss and diarrhea.
Thank you so much for your response! She has not molted yet (tho the rest of my chickens have or are right now). None of my chickens seem to be laying right now. When the vet looked at her there were no external parasites (I will try to catch her and check again). Since I did recently treat with safeguard, I will try valbazen. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom