watery poop

PHILMAN

Songster
8 Years
May 9, 2011
South Plainfield , NJ
My hen has been having very watery poops almost like she has the runs . And just before it was just water . Does anybody know whats going on ? Or is it something that just happens once a blue moon ?

Hi... one of my turkey jennys is having really watery poop lately too! In fact, her two siblings occassionally have gotten it but it seems to be more frequent lately and she is concerning me because she also seems to have a cough. But this isn't the normal "runs" that I'm used to from turkeys.. it's not diahrea... it's just really WATERY... and, like you said, mine has poops JUST water a couple of times too.. a little mucousy/thick sort of clear liquid. Sorry I don't have any advice - but I'd sure like someone to respond too! Does your gal have any other symptoms??

How hot has it been where you are lately? If your birds are drinking tons of water due to heat, it can effect the birds droppings.

Ok Leadwolf1... thanks for the response!! I actually went and did a search and found the "poop chart" on here which explained the watery poop! I never had my other turkeys do that, so I didn't know! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom