Watery Quail Poop

You've got some great advice here, and I think the plan to reduce treats and increase protein is a good one :thumbsup I would also add that:
I remove all the other 'nibbles' at night so there's only the proper feed for them to eat.
While quail aren't completely inactive at night, they don't tend to eat as much at night as they do during the day, so in addition to increasing the protein and reducing treats, I would try a few days at least with only the proper food offered (day and night) and see if that helps. Of course they won't rush to gobble it up the same as they do treats, because treats are, well, more yummy :p but it may help to firm up their stools if the treats are indeed the culprit. There is always the possibility that parasites or other illnesses are causing it, but the diet is the easiest to rule out and fix. Good luck!

You've got some great advice here, and I think the plan to reduce treats and increase protein is a good one :thumbsup I would also add that:

While quail aren't completely inactive at night, they don't tend to eat as much at night as they do during the day, so in addition to increasing the protein and reducing treats, I would try a few days at least with only the proper food offered (day and night) and see if that helps. Of course they won't rush to gobble it up the same as they do treats, because treats are, well, more yummy :p but it may help to firm up their stools if the treats are indeed the culprit. There is always the possibility that parasites or other illnesses are causing it, but the diet is the easiest to rule out and fix. Good luck!
Thank you very much. Will try this. Like your pic.

Back
Top Bottom