Wax-sealed egg starting to hatch!!--need advice!

Excellent!! Please remember to put marbles in the chick waterer for a couple days so the babies won't drown. Pebbles will work too. I put the chick food on a paper towel the first few days. Just keep watching the baby for any signs of distress, but so far, so good. :yiipchick

marbles or pebbles? I have never done that before....does it matter which one? I am not sure I can find any marbles...would the pebbles need to be really clean? Is it so they just drink a little in between the marbles or pebbles? Makes sense

We always put the waterer up right away and have never had a problem...but I definitely don't want to have to worry about anything happening to my little miracle chick! :)

Thank you for all your advice.

Thank you...I am going to get some pictures later as it starts to look a little more fluffy and like a real chick!!

marbles or pebbles? I have never done that before....does it matter which one? I am not sure I can find any marbles...would the pebbles need to be really clean? Is it so they just drink a little in between the marbles or pebbles? Makes sense

We always put the waterer up right away and have never had a problem...but I definitely don't want to have to worry about anything happening to my little miracle chick! :)

Thank you for all your advice.
Marbles or stones in the waterer.......It's not that they drink too much, its because they aren't steady on their feet so they can fall in and drown...especially if it's close to the wall where they can get stuck. I never take chances, grab some stones, rinse a bit, and put them around the base w/ water. You can take them out by Friday if the other chick hatches tonight.

Last edited:
I'm glad your situation worked out. I'm just here to make an observation- these posts with others talking people through the helping-out process reminds me of helping someone give birth in the back of a taxi or something- over the phone.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom