WAY OT-Chicken Friendly Land for Sale-Roosters Welcome!

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
This is the property adjoining mine that I am selling. It is listed with a company and all livestock is welcome (except pigs are not allowed by covenant, LOL) Everybody all over has chickens. Heck, it seems it's harder to find property that doesn't have some rule against livestock, some stupid gated community with ridiculous HOA fees and rules. Many of you have seen the views and terrain in my pics. Anyway, here is the listing link:
http://www.realtor.com/search/listi...8078a2f93&pg=5&lid=1083517436&lsn=41&srcnt=42

Wow, Cynthia, that is pretty expensive for 3.5 acres! Are you near a large city?

I am surprised!

Here in Maine I have been looking at land. It's usually only that pricey if you're within the short-commute range from Portland, in a high-end excellent-school-district town, or waterfront. I guess I should feel lucky if land prices are even higher elsewhere....

Prices have gone way up here in the last three years. This is actually cheaper than most, more land for less money. In general, in most of these places, you get about 1 acre for 65-75K in a development where you cant have chickens. I'm about almost 3 hours from Atlanta and an hour and a half from Chattanooga, TN. We are in a second-home market type area, where lots or retirees buy a cabin then run back to Florida when the air gets a little nippy, LOL. Lots of people here with way more money than I, in other words. Land prices are all a matter of perspective. People from California would love my property taxes of less than $300/yr and the land prices, whereas people from more remote areas would think they were very expensive.

+OMG thats cheap to us. My dad is selling grandmas house in a few years for 5 million. My brother and I get that money when we turn 40. I wish I had that money now so I can live there.

forgot to add. the house is on 3 acres

Last edited:
That would be a great price here. Land up here on the river is going for 75,000 per acre.

Looks beautiful!

Cynthia you could have so many more chicken pens with that land.Are you out of your mind?
idunno.gif

Marlon, thank the economy and me and DH trying to survive. I really do not want to sell this acreage because I love it. It's beautiful and rolling and not real steep. We get lots of our firewood from it and could continue to do so. My husband cut walking trails all the way around and through it so I could enjoy it without a hassle, but this would pay off my mortgage on my house and the 2.25 acres it sits on. To be mortgage free is the ONLY reason we're doing it. Believe me, I'd rather not.

If something happens, (like money falls from the sky
roll.png
)and we can pay off this mortgage, then that land will be pulled off the market so fast it'll make your head spin. It gives me lots of privacy and potential to do lots of stuff in the future.

Back
Top Bottom