Ways to use empty feed sacks

My son uses mine and all others he can find. He fills them with soil and uses them as building material. He is currently building a goat house.

Luv the lucy couture!

My husband finds a lot of pallets and people bring them to us for the paintball park - they make good forts! Anywho, I use the feed bags to fill in between slats on the pallets and also hang some on the barbed wire to both keep my chickens in my yard and to show the paintballers where they cannot go! They are handy and I will employ a lot of the ideas here too!

Caroline

Most of our feed comes in multilayered paper bags. When I do get those woven bags I make shopping bags out of them.

Like this one for BOSS.

1996_bag19.jpg

You can find the pattern to make your own on my blog. I have used these bags for nearly a year now and they have not weakened in any way.

Make your own shopping bags by MissPrissy!

Ooh, MissPrissy, those shopping bags are cool! I'm going to remember that and keep an eye out for bags like those.

I never get anything other than the heavy paper bags, which I use, as others do, for bagging trash that would break a regular garbage bag. Also use them on occasions when I find myself out of regular garbage bags.
smile.png

Oh I think Miss Prissy you are on to something!!! Oh course you know, now we will be looking more at graphics then the protein and lysine percentages when selecting feed! - I bet you could make some cute purses too and sell them or give them as gifts! Hmmmmmm now you got me excited!!!! forget the paintballers - I will have to take back my bags!!!!

caroline
wink.png

Ok, that's it, my mom is now going to show me how to start my grandma's sewing machine! I just got 5 50# woven feed bags and 1 40# dog food bag. That will make enough bags to use on my weekly grocery trip and more!

Always keep a spare woven bag handy to transport a chicken in case you can't find a box. Just tie the open end shut. Burlap sacks have been used for centuries for chicken transport.
Note: How you place the chook inside and how you carry it depends upon you and your values. Bag provides soft, dark conformable space for chicken however you handle it.

Back
Top Bottom