1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wazine per bird?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ddroland, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ddroland

ddroland Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Eastern PA
    I've searched and don't see a definitive answer on this. I want to de-worm my stags without giving it to my hens (eggs). I want to give it to them in one shot, down the gullet, diluted with water.

If my calculations are correct, 2 oz per 100 birds would equal .59 ml/cc per bird. Thinking about diluting with 8 ml/cc of water and and giving in one syringe full.

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I have yet to use the Wazine, so I'll watch for responses to your question...

3. ddroland

Oct 15, 2010
    Eastern PA
    I've been told to use Valbozene as a better all around wormer. So I am not sure if anyone else has some experience with this.

4. BoltonChicken

BoltonChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Bolton, Mississippi
    Do a search of this forum and I'll bet you get all kinds of information!

5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    The label on mine says to use 2 oz per 1 gallon. You don't have to have 100 birds to use that dilution. I mixed 1/2 gallon and used 1 oz then made it their only source of water for that day. After they roost for the evening, throw it out and replace with clean water. Simple.

6. ddroland

Oct 15, 2010
    Eastern PA
    Quote:The search function only yields how much to use for a smaller number of birds, not how much to directly dose 1 bird. Dispensing this amount over the course of 24 hours is not nearly as harsh as administering it all at once. Which is why I was curious if anyone has done this and how much they used.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by