Wazine

kemcconnell

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 7, 2014
What is the ratio of Wazine to water for 14 chickens? I think my waterer holds 3 gallons! Thanks!

Wazine dosage is 1 ounce (30 ml) per gallon, so for 3 gallons, it would be 3 ounces or 90 ml. If your chickens won't drink that much in 24 hours then I would only mix a gallon at a time. No matter how few or how many, the dosage is always the same, and give it for 24 hours.

Hope you don't mind me asking..... I just purchased Wazine 17 to treat my 11 chickens for worms. I previously tried Strike III and treated for 4 days. As a precaution, I haven't
eaten any of the eggs for 3 days after the last day of treatment per the farm supply staff recommendation. (They said I could eat the eggs, but I elected not to during treatment) The worms significantly decreased by the 8th day (3 days after last treatment) but after checking today, I noticed there is still a small amount of worms remaining. The pic below is what I started out with. I am now trying Wazine 17 in the water tomorrow hoping that will get rid of the rest of the remaining infestation. Since we have also had a lot of rain, I have kept the hen coop and pen clean, removing and replacing straw regularly. So, here is my questions: Is it correct that you treat 1 oz of Wazine 17 with 1 gallon of water? The wazine 17 bottle specifically recommends the following: "Do not use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption" Struck me as odd since most chickens produce eggs for human consumption unless they are older and past that stage! It recommends to treat every 30 days to break the cycle of new worm eggs, but I am unclear as to how often I should treat the water, during the treatment period, i.e. every day for 3-4 days, just one treatment? If I treat with Wazine 17 how long should I wait before consuming eggs? Thanks so much for any info you could offer.

Hope you don't mind me asking..... I just purchased Wazine 17 to treat my 11 chickens for worms. I previously tried Strike III and treated for 4 days. As a precaution, I haven't
eaten any of the eggs for 3 days after the last day of treatment per the farm supply staff recommendation. (They said I could eat the eggs, but I elected not to during treatment) The worms significantly decreased by the 8th day (3 days after last treatment) but after checking today, I noticed there is still a small amount of worms remaining. The pic below is what I started out with. I am now trying Wazine 17 in the water tomorrow hoping that will get rid of the rest of the remaining infestation. Since we have also had a lot of rain, I have kept the hen coop and pen clean, removing and replacing straw regularly. So, here is my questions: Is it correct that you treat 1 oz of Wazine 17 with 1 gallon of water? The wazine 17 bottle specifically recommends the following: "Do not use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption" Struck me as odd since most chickens produce eggs for human consumption unless they are older and past that stage! It recommends to treat every 30 days to break the cycle of new worm eggs, but I am unclear as to how often I should treat the water, during the treatment period, i.e. every day for 3-4 days, just one treatment? If I treat with Wazine 17 how long should I wait before consuming eggs? Thanks so much for any info you could offer.

I would treat with Wazine (which you have) then treat with something like safeguard or ivermec after 10 days, in my experience when I've had worms switching which medicine has always seemed to break the cycle and make sure to eliminate anything.

AJ

Back
Top Bottom