We are having some doubts about country life. :(- UPDATE

furbabymum, you have been in my thoughts lately. I know there has been some rough weather out in your area. Not sure exactly where you are, but eastern Laramie County has gotten some lousy weather. We have had a couple of light, small hail storms, but nothing more that some torn leaves on the tree and petal knocked off the flowers thankfully. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Since it has been a few months and warm, nice weather has come I hope OP hasn't been posting because things are looking up for them:) At least your family is 'all in' for homesteading. Every woman with more than one child goes through a 'why does it feel like I am always barefoot and pregnant?!?' time. When the last one goes to school or doesn't need so much help anymore it is both a sadness and a whew, I MADE IT! moment;-)

furbabymum, you have been in my thoughts lately. I know there has been some rough weather out in your area. Not sure exactly where you are, but eastern Laramie County has gotten some lousy weather. We have had a couple of light, small hail storms, but nothing more that some torn leaves on the tree and petal knocked off the flowers thankfully. I hope all is well with you and your family.
:) Thanks. Sorry it's been so long. Things are going better. All of the hail storms have missed us. We are getting moderate rain. I've planted an orchard and have been busy busy busy farming. We are getting our oil check this month and are going to fix the road. HOpefully we are through the rough patch!

Since it has been a few months and warm, nice weather has come I hope OP hasn't been posting because things are looking up for them:) At least your family is 'all in' for homesteading. Every woman with more than one child goes through a 'why does it feel like I am always barefoot and pregnant?!?' time. When the last one goes to school or doesn't need so much help anymore it is both a sadness and a whew, I MADE IT! moment;-)
NO MORE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol My hubby needs to get fixed. lol

We planted an orchard last week. I'm starting my nut tree forest. Things are going well. Enjoying life much better now!!!!!!!!

So happy to hear it! Thanks for letting us know how it has turned around for you. Happy happy happy work, and remember that kids big enough to walk can help with chores. Mine do even if it is so they can yell it at me as they leave for the big city many years from now;-)

Hi there furbabymum! I am glad to hear that things have turned around for you! That is great news that you planted an orchard last week! I hope it is a huge success for you!
As for the hubby getting fixed, you should check into it! It's a fairly simple procedure and often times you can get it done through the health department. We paid about $200 for my hubby to get fixed and it was $200 well spent! This was a few years ago, and different area so the prices might vary.
smile.png

Hi there furbabymum! I am glad to hear that things have turned around for you! That is great news that you planted an orchard last week! I hope it is a huge success for you!
As for the hubby getting fixed, you should check into it! It's a fairly simple procedure and often times you can get it done through the health department. We paid about $200 for my hubby to get fixed and it was $200 well spent! This was a few years ago, and different area so the prices might vary.
smile.png
The problem is he wants 6, YES SIX KIDS. We have 2. I'm done. lol

So happy to hear it! Thanks for letting us know how it has turned around for you. Happy happy happy work, and remember that kids big enough to walk can help with chores. Mine do even if it is so they can yell it at me as they leave for the big city many years from now;-)
My 3 year old would have a fit if I picked up a single egg myself. He has to carry the bucket out, collect the eggs and bring them back. lol Some day he'll hate doing that, enjoying it while I can!

Every woman with more than one child goes through a 'why does it feel like I am always barefoot and pregnant?!?' time. When the last one goes to school or doesn't need so much help anymore it is both a sadness and a whew, I MADE IT! moment;-)

Don't limit that to just women some of us 'guys' know full well how it goes... I'm a stay/work from home father raising three children (4, 2 and newborn) and I won't get the 'school' break as they are all going to be home schooled when they get to that age...

Back
Top Bottom