We are missing a chicken...or so we thought

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
6 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
So we've had a sick chicken due to a hawk attack and have been devoting a lot of our attention to her. We decided to go out and feed the rest of our flock before bed. We went out to the coop and in our sleepiness i began to just go through the motions and do the feed and water. "We are missing a chicken" says my SO. "What?! No. Not possible. Did you check the nesting boxes?" I knew it wasnt likely since they have been in the coop all day. He checked the nesting boxes and still...no chicken. I counted myself: 1,2,3,4,5,6...no 7. Uh oh. Panic set in. We looked all around inside until finally we found the little brat up in the rafters of the coop. We hadn't named this one yet but now she has a name...
20180513_224029.jpg
Cleava girl...

So we've had a sick chicken due to a hawk attack and have been devoting a lot of our attention to her. We decided to go out and feed the rest of our flock before bed. We went out to the coop and in our sleepiness i began to just go through the motions and do the feed and water. "We are missing a chicken" says my SO. "What?! No. Not possible. Did you check the nesting boxes?" I knew it wasnt likely since they have been in the coop all day. He checked the nesting boxes and still...no chicken. I counted myself: 1,2,3,4,5,6...no 7. Uh oh. Panic set in. We looked all around inside until finally we found the little brat up in the rafters of the coop. We hadn't named this one yet but now she has a name...View attachment 1387314Cleava girl...
Lol

So we've had a sick chicken due to a hawk attack and have been devoting a lot of our attention to her. We decided to go out and feed the rest of our flock before bed. We went out to the coop and in our sleepiness i began to just go through the motions and do the feed and water. "We are missing a chicken" says my SO. "What?! No. Not possible. Did you check the nesting boxes?" I knew it wasnt likely since they have been in the coop all day. He checked the nesting boxes and still...no chicken. I counted myself: 1,2,3,4,5,6...no 7. Uh oh. Panic set in. We looked all around inside until finally we found the little brat up in the rafters of the coop. We hadn't named this one yet but now she has a name...View attachment 1387314Cleava girl...
Nice story by the way...

Back
Top Bottom