We ARE MOVING.....ALABAMA.. UPDATE pg.14

HarlansHollowFarms

bana-bhuidseach anns gára
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
back to Kentucky!
roll.png

This winter has been so brutal on me, I think I can stand the unbearable humidity.

Montana is a wonderful state but I am not sure if working outside at -40F is any worse then +95 with 200% humidity in Kentucky.

Decisions decisions....
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
This week I've had the opportunity (since saturday) to work in a lab that was -40f/c (same at that temp i guess) and I found out that you can get used to the cold pretty easy.. who woulda thunk it? But it played heck with my sinus's as the humidity at -40 was zilch......... I'd rather be cold than live with the humidity.. and I never would have thought I would say that..

Quote:
This week I've had the opportunity (since saturday) to work in a lab that was -40f/c (same at that temp i guess) and I found out that you can get used to the cold pretty easy.. who woulda thunk it? But it played heck with my sinus's as the humidity at -40 was zilch......... I'd rather be cold than live with the humidity.. and I never would have thought I would say that..

It not that-40 is that cold...but when you factor in the wind...it can be unbearable.

Quote:

It not that-40 is that cold...but when you factor in the wind...it can be unbearable.

never thought of that though.. With the wind it would be even worse... As it is, I am generally a baby about cold and hardly ever travel outside in the winter (unless I have to in Michigan) and come out spring-fall.

Quote:

never thought of that though.. With the wind it would be even worse... As it is, I am generally a baby about cold and hardly ever travel outside in the winter (unless I have to in Michigan) and come out spring-fall.

It is the 2nd of March and our high was +5F, with the wind it was -34F......

Will winter ever end!?*

Quote:

It is the 2nd of March and our high was +5F, with the wind it was -34F......

Will winter ever end!?*

I want spring
hit.gif

I want to plant my garden, till the field, and setup my bunny grazing area
hmm.png
But theres all this white crud fozen all over
hit.gif

That would be a no-brainer for me.

There is not enough money on the planet to pay me to live in Montana in the wintertime. I think it would be a lovely place to visit, and a person would really have to be acclimated to that climate/environment to enjoy life there. I hear the local folks love it there.

I lived in Louisiana a while and LOVED the humidity compared to the cold. I prefer the heat over the cold anyway, tho.

I grew up in PA and joined the military. After being on Guam for 4 years, I ended up in North Dakota. I am actually used to it now, but this year the winter just seems to be dragging... I am going to blame it on Steve for posting pictures of his daffodils!

Back
Top Bottom