We are so blessed....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I was reading a thread yesterday from Mulia24 on the incubating page and realized how blessed we truly are here in the States and in many other countries.

Most days, I know this, but then some days it just whacks me in the face.

Mulia24 has been trying desperately to hatch and has little access to info on hatching other than here at BYC. What we take for granted....going to the library, calling a friend, texting a hatch buddy is a gift to us.

I also think it was Mulia24 who has trouble in their country with electricity not being available all of the time and so when the power goes out they sit with a candle in their bator making sure that it doesnt tip over and monitors the temp that way.

When my power went out a month ago, I just sat there and whined about it.
    Never occured to me to do anything more than toss a towel over it and hope for the best. I am so used to someone else fixing it...ie the local power company, that I just sat there.

Just having as little 'wake up call moment' and thought I'd invite you to join me @[email protected]

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Wer are very lucky over here. A little too spoiled if you ask me

3. toredano

toredano Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Grainger County,TN
    I know I whine when ours goes out..
    Like I told him on his thread.. what he lacks in resources.. he makes up in tenacity.

Little things we take for granted. Its a good reminder how good we have it. I keep telling that to my son who thinks he will starve to death when there is " nothing " to eat in the hosue after we filled the chest freezer and fridge [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Is it weird that I get a little excited when the power goes out and want it to be out for days?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by