We Can Change This!!

Okay, how about this... a pre-filled syringe... maybe you have to order 50... but then you can share with other BYCers... nothing going bad cause you only have 9 chicks... etc.

Kinda like an EpiPen...

D

Last edited:
Quote:
The mareks vaccine comes in 2 vials. 1 is a dry wafer, the other a liquid. You have to combine them right before dosing. Your 2 hour window starts when you mix the two. If they could figure out a way to do it in a syringe it would be great, but I don't think there is anything like that. Great idea though!

Quote:
The mareks vaccine comes in 2 vials. 1 is a dry wafer, the other a liquid. You have to combine them right before dosing. Your 2 hour window starts when you mix the two. If they could figure out a way to do it in a syringe it would be great, but I don't think there is anything like that. Great idea though!

Actually, I have seen this... in the hospital. Two meds in one syrnge... I forget how it is activated and shook... I think you pull the plunger which opens the blockers to allow the meds to mix... than all you do is shake well, tap it up... and you are good to go.

With the spread of back yard chickens... and it getting bigger every day... if there is a market, they might just meet the demand.

D

I really like this exchange of ideas that a lot of you are coming up with here folks! Keep those thoughts coming! If we really want to get serious about this, we could probably have just that much more of an impact if we can present the powers that be with viable small dosage packaging. They're less likely to dismiss us out of hand if we show up [virtually] with 77,000 members wanting smaller dose counts AND a plan on how to do it!
wink.png

In the mean time, I'm still looking for the name of the manufacturer's and their corresponding contact information. I'll probably have much greater success later this evening when I can devote uninterrupted time to it!

ok....they say Fort Dodge as the brand
Fort Dodge animal health
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
US Vet License # 112 (pretty sure that refers to this vaccine in particular, but not positive) That number is only on the vaccine, not the diluent.

Hope that helps!

Lisann!!
hugs.gif
You're a peach!! Thank you so much! Now I have a name I can track down. That had been one that I came across this morning and have earmarked to look at in further detail tonight on the off hand chance that it is one of the manufacturer's that we're looking for. You just confirmed this! Atta Girl!!!
hugs.gif

If anyone else has another brand in their fridge, please, look at the label and post any and all identifying information you can find on it. We'll find these companies! One by one if need be. And when we do, we can all send them a nicely worded suggestion about our need for a smaller packaging option!

I so love BYC and the people here. If I suggested something like this to my local Grange, they would have laughed me right out of the Grange Hall!
roll.png
You guys are amazing!

OK, gotta get back to work. Keep up the great ideas and don't forget to look at your vaccine bottles!
wink.png
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom