WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERANCE

DLS

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
100 miles SOUTH of Atlanta
We can make a few changes to help ourselves,I think any how.
It comes to my attention that the people that are on the county animal control board are city people.
I am thinking that Us country folks need to step up & get some say in the county & city ordinances . I say that if I get on the board that I would help to pass laws to allow chickens in a limited amount according to lot size.
What I am saying LETS ALL run or try and get appointed to positions of importance where we live.
I think That I will try and get on.
please let me know who else is going to take the world back from the city people(or city thinking people)
"TOOL"

Great idea. I recently discovered that my county (quietly) passed some irrational breed specific ordinances. I'll be involved the next time there is an opening. I don't have any of the banned dogs, but there were kids crying and families scrambling to find out- of -county homes for their pets. NOT okay.

we can not expect to keep animals and not protect our rights any more. Just sitting back and belly aching is not an option any more. excuses= I don't have time, to far to drive, no one listens.....WELL, the anti keeping people are in the Govt. AND getting there way , knocking you and your rights out. GO TO TOWN & make a differance.
smile.png

Lets see who is # 1 to take a seat .I am in the running already.
lets see how mant BYC members can get involved Some one make a list. I am shure we have some alread in to start with
D

Last edited:
Well, I totally see your point, and I completely agree with you too, but you might get further if you try not to present your platform in a manner that pits “city” people against “country” people. There must be at least one “city” person in your community who agrees with you and you’ll get much further with a coalition of diverse and like minded people than you will by doing an "us" against "them" position.

Stick to the issues and avoid labels – labels just make people angry. We saw plenty of that right here on BYC during the presidential campaign!

Just my 2 cents,
Phyllis

Quote:
Well, I'm trying to change the bylaws in Surrey BC to allow normal city lot hens, and I have applied to the city council's agricultural advisory committee. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom