We got 2 extra eggs today!! Can a chicken lay as early as 14 weeks.. or is it aliens?

Not all birds lay every day...so you may have more laying than you think by egg count.
Might want to do some exams.
Here's some tips about how to tell.....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
Thanks! My domineckers stopped laying for their molt. It seemed like they have started laying again but the eggs are VERY small. Now I can check to be sure who is laying!

OP my meat hen started laying around 16 weeks but I consider her to be not typical. I'd be surprised if it was a 14-15 week old. If you do exams please update, I'm curious. 🙃

Not all birds lay every day...so you may have more laying than you think by egg count.
Might want to do some exams.
Here's some tips about how to tell.....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
I stalk my video camera like a hawk - yes I know I have no life, but hey, it passes the time! With this being said, I am 💯 certain my orpingtons are not laying yet and my flock is just too small to miss who’s laying and who isn’t - if anything I’m thinking these two eggs may have just been hiding/buried SOo well and we’re brought up from the darkness by a girl🤷🏼‍♀️ Time will tell, so far only 6 eggs (I should only have 6 laying hens at this point) Thank you for the tips ! 🥰

Thanks! My domineckers stopped laying for their molt. It seemed like they have started laying again but the eggs are VERY small. Now I can check to be sure who is laying!

OP my meat hen started laying around 16 weeks but I consider her to be not typical. I'd be surprised if it was a 14-15 week old. If you do exams please update, I'm curious. 🙃
These ones are nearly 15 weeks - but I have no idea the breed, maybe Easter Egger 🤔 time shall see I guess! Definitely gonna read the link and see what’s going on, but I’m thinking 2 were really well hidden as we are only getting the 6 now 🥰

Back
Top Bottom