We got goats, Nigerian Dwarf Goats to be exact :-)

wendy

On the Hill
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
central louisiana
Well we bought two females August 18 th. I am just getting to post them on here. We had Gustav and Ike hit where we live. Thank God we only lost power and a few limbs :) Here are some pictures.

2648_img_1556.jpg

2648_img_1550.jpg

2648_img_1572.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you have 1 that looks like my Joy...the buckskin..Congrats on your new goats ...Hard to tell but have they been disbudded...if not you really need to with small children...Then no accidents ...Lovely gorls you got there...

Quote:
Thanks everyone :)!

Yeah, they were disbudded but not dehorned. The lady we bought them from does that automatically. She will not have them dehorned. She explained that process and I won't do that either! That sounds horrible.

I will have to let yall know if we have babies in January :) One or both maybe preganat. Should no for sure in a month or two.

Wendy

Congrats! They are so cute. I really REALLY want goats too but not knowing anything about them, I have to ask a stupid question.

What is the difference between debudding and dehorning? I thought if they were debudded they would not grow horns? Shows you how much I know but inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
debudding still leaves the very base of the horn on the top of there heads.

dehorning leaves "empty cavities" where the horns have been removed and from what I was told by the lady I bought them from some vets not knowing how to do dehorning very well, you can see there into there skulls! Ouch! I don't want to do that to ours and from what I have learned never suggest that to anyone. From what she said it can be done right without all that. But I just don't want to take any chances. We paid $ 200 each for these two. Could not imagine doing something like that to such sweet things as these goats.

They love to be rubbed and get all the attention they can :))))

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom