We Got RAIN!!

Baymule

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 1, 2010
Northeast Texas
I am well aware of the excess rain and attending tornados many of you are experiencing. But here in Texas, we are in severe drought with over 1 million acres burned and hundreds of homes. My prayers go out to those afflicted by mother nature. Parts of Texas have recieved rain in the form of severe thunderstorms with their sidekick, tornados. Even so, we are grateful for the rain we have recieved. We are still in a drought, farmers and ranchers are in trouble. In our area, the first cutting of hay should be in the barn and the second cutting should be ready. No one has hay yet and if I find any, I will get all I can if I have to stack it in the living room.
lol.png

Well, it's good to hear you got the rain then! We're on the opposite end of the spectrum here in Ohio....This has been the most rainy April recorded, with flooding, and rain nearly everyday. Everything is soggy, and our farmers have been unable to plant, and they should have started 3 weeks ago. They HAVE to begin planting next week--regardless of the weather. The mud sure is against them.

I wish I could just send you our rain!
tongue.png

You take care!

Quote:
It is the same here. We have had over 8" of rain this week - 4 1/2" in one night.
We had a three month drought last summer, and even the weeds died.
I am glad you are finally getting some much needed rain!

Back
Top Bottom