We got, "The Letter", from the City. Hows my response?

Quote:
I reaaly meant it but, it was also tongue in cheek.
wink.png

Henry'schickens :

Quote:
In my experience the council member does their own research. They are voted by the people to be on the board and to do what they think is best in the people's (town) interest. If they (council members) oppose for any reasons they better have done their homework to tell why they chose their decision. It is not 'up' to other people to do their homework for them. You are asking them for approval(votes) not some staff member. Thay can 'table' the issue till they get more info if they feel they need it. JMO

And this was almost done. check this out exploreokoboji.com/news_story.asp?sty=94382​

Quote:
In my experience the council member does their own research. They are voted by the people to be on the board and to do what they think is best in the people's (town) interest. If they (council members) oppose for any reasons they better have done their homework to tell why they chose their decision. It is not 'up' to other people to do their homework for them. You are asking them for approval(votes) not some staff member. Thay can 'table' the issue till they get more info if they feel they need it. JMO

And this was almost done. check this out exploreokoboji.com/news

Sorry if that link doesn't work. in essence, it is an article about our meeting with the city council and it is not, accurate. Bad reporting. Misleading.

Last edited:
Very brief, indeed.

Different places do things differently, but my experience is that making changes to existing procedures or ordinances takes more effort than keeping the status quo. Unless for some reason the status quo isn't working, it is at least a known entity.

When my city or state propose changes, they have staff research, investigate and recommend. When citizens propose changes, it is usually brought to the council, who either accepts, rejects or turns it over to staff for more information and recommendation. Generally the better the citizen making the proposal supports it the more likely it is to not be rejected. That said, supporting information is usually required well before the council meeting.

At the end of the day, the good news is, they granted our request, and published that fact. Whether or not I like they recorded me and put it on the radio, it is water under the bridge. I will also offer, at the proper time, to help in any way that I can. I have gathered quite a bit of info regarding this matter while waiting for the day to come when I could use it to someone's benefit.
No calls from Time or Newsweek yet or even USA Today, which is good cause I haven't got an agent yet!
cool.png

All kidding aside, thank you all for paying attention and for your comments. For us, it is off to build an invisible fence! I will let you know how that is done. You'll be amazed...

Don't let your gaurd down yet. If it is recorded in the paper, a few neighbors may decide to protest it. Therefore, going in front of the council again. I've got my fingers crossed and I hope you get your wish and get to keep the chickens for sure.
fl.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom